Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Just want to add that going silver and short does not scream "Old Lady" !! 

I've actually thought about adding some pink or blue streaks to mine just for fun.  I do use some of the Roux colored mousses occasionally (buy at Sally Beauty).  They wash out.

Mentioned to another poster that clip on extensions were available at our mall kiosk. Assorted colors & less fuss and mess.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Shanus -- I read that, but I don't want any "clip on" anything.  For one thing, my hair is too danged short. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I have to admit, when I first read your post my first thought was oh no don't do it...but after seeing your pic, you look absolutely adorable, and the style of cut is why...i think it's all in how you wear grey/silver hair...if it's a matronly cut and old ladyish..not so good, but if it's a current modern cut it looks awesome....good for you, you rocked it!!

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

Love it on you. I can see you peeking around that cover on your face. Lol!

Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

I have to admit, when I first read your post my first thought was oh no don't do it...but after seeing your pic, you look absolutely adorable, and the style of cut is why...i think it's all in how you wear grey/silver hair...if it's a matronly cut and old ladyish..not so good, but if it's a current modern cut it looks awesome....good for you, you rocked it!!

Thanks for the compliments. I felt the same way about the cut making the difference. In fact, I scoured magazines and Pinterest for haircut pics first....then decided to go white. I couldn't or wouldn't have taken the plunge if I didn't have a plan for a short, edgy young cut. Glad you approve. 

Not sure if you read or remember at the beginning of this "journey", the stylist had me come in for a consultation. I showed her the cut at that time to see if it was a possibility for my hair texture, face shape, etc. If she had not approved going "spunky" w/ the cut, I would not have stripped my hair to white.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

Love it on you. I can see you peeking around that cover on your face. Lol!

😜 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus-you look fabulous!! Reminds me of Jamie Lee Curtis style.

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@Shanus-you look fabulous!! Reminds me of Jamie Lee Curtis style.

Not quite as short as hers. Have to have my bangs!!! Stylist showed me how to change up look by putting drop of gel & shine oil in hands, rubbing together and "roughing up" the layers. That's what she did in the pic after the quick blow dry..... 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Karie2022 wrote:

Thanks for the compliments. I felt the same way about the cut making the difference. In fact, I scoured magazines and Pinterest for haircut pics first....then decided to go white. I couldn't or wouldn't have taken the plunge if I didn't have a plan for a short, edgy young cut. Glad you approve. 

Not sure if you read or remember at the beginning of this "journey", the stylist had me come in for a consultation. I showed her the cut at that time to see if it was a possibility for my hair texture, face shape, etc. If she had not approved going "spunky" w/ the cut, I would not have stripped my hair to white.

Exactly..it's all in the cut...love it!!

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

The style and color is very nice.  I'd love a short no fuss hairdo but on me it would be flat against my head.  I could never achieve the same spikey look on my own.