Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

LOVE the color and the cut! Get ready for the compliments to start coming in!  I never got compliments on my hair when it was long and dyed but now that it's short and silver, I get a compliment from a random stranger once a week, on average.  Welcome to the silver fox club. Smiley Wink

Silver Fox, huh? 😜

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

That cut is adorable....makes the white look youthful and trendy.  No "old lady" here!  If I could go short, this would be my choice.

"Old Lady" was my biggest fear, so she took the cut a bit shaggy and edgy. Hope it does the trick! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@Shanus Wow! looks great! Love the cut. enjoySmiley Happy

💐

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus,    Beautiful snow white hair and love the cut!  Cat Very Happy

Thank you. Worth the 4-6 hrs. it took to get there! 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@I am still oxox.   I did it years ago and the easiest way is having short, layered hair.  It will always go back if you like it longer.

Nope. Always keep it short & layered...controls all the curls. 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I spoke to my old stylist who is a great colorist, she is going to do some "gray highlithts, and low lights" which will blend my roots, I am also going to let my hair do its thing, I will get a deva cut and let my waves free. It would have to be way to short to just let the grey out, it is be a graceful tansition

@Katcat1 wrote:

@I am still oxox.   I did it years ago and the easiest way is having short, layered hair.  It will always go back if you like it longer.

What ever way you feel most comfortable and know you can hang in there for the long haul. For me, taking off another inch and going more shaggy will keep new growth covered. Haircuts every 4 wks. scheduled to speed things up. 

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Nice hair, @Shanus!

I started to notice how really good natural gray hair may look on some women.  I also got tired of maintaining gray coverage.

So I let it grow out for about three years now. Transition was not painful at all, blond highlights blended with gray till it all grew out, and with a few hair cuts.

I liked my hair better being natural much better, and it was much healthier too. But my hair is not ALL gray yet, so I was wondering, what else can I do.

I decided to put a few semi-permanent pink highlights in! Then they pulled light pink through all of the hair, and it came out just so pretty!

Something like on the image below. I love it, my hair is not really "colored" just rinsed through, it's not boring like my old not-so-perfect gray. Actually I have fun with my hair now!

These days, with an explosion of creative hair color trends, many young women do color their hair - gray! Sometimes with a few pastel color hues.

Some young girls doing amazingly creative things with their color, and few of them, I think, are tasteful enough to be "borrowed" by women of all ages.

There is a lot of product out there now, in the salons and beauty supply stores, which lets you simply wash a creative color through, or do a few streaks, right in your shower, and wash it off.

Color intensity depends on the time you keep it on, and color washes off in a few days, or weeks. So, nothing to worry, except having fun!

By-the-way, natural gray serves as perfect base for these "experiments", and absolutely does not need to be "covered" any longer.

15-silver-messy-bob-for-thin-hair.jpg

Pink-Wispy-Short-Haircut-for-2017-1.jpg

I saw clip in colored extensions at the mall. Don't think any of my layers are long enough to cover the clips, though. 

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Whoa, Foxy Lady.  You look fabulous.  Your colorist did a super great job, I had my doubts, but she proved me wrong.

Enjoy all the compliments coming your way.

💕

Honored Contributor

@Sawn wrote:

Very pretty and stylish! I really like it!

Thanks. 🌸

Esteemed Contributor

Just want to add that going silver and short does not scream "Old Lady" !! 

I've actually thought about adding some pink or blue streaks to mine just for fun.  I do use some of the Roux colored mousses occasionally (buy at Sally Beauty).  They wash out.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt