Honored Contributor

Re: ADDING TO THE PREVIOUS THREAD......

Maybe it depends on one's pain tolerance.  Mine is -10 Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@monicakm --yes, makes perfect sense----my SIL has had both her knees replaced and one of them 2 times--she got an infection in her replacement and once that happens, it has to come out--she was actually without a knee for several weeks---had some sort of temp structure inside but virtually no bone----she is my hero!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

One makeup I was disappointed in is Bare Minerals. I had tried their concealer or foundation years ago (don't remember which it was), but wasn't impressed. Not because of the wrong shade, either; the coverage wasn't very good for my needs at the time.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

I love all the TF fragrances DH and I have had.  I've not had any of his makeup products but I hear enough YT influencers have not so good things to say about them to know I don't have any desire to try them.

@monicakm   RE: Tom Ford...the lipsticks are OK, but too expensive for what they are. Shadows are grainy and shades in the quads don't seem to be co-ordinated...some look too much the same and the finishes are not consistant. After trying several and returning them, I gave up. never tried the fragrances. 

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

I don't love Tarte.  It's not that their stuff is bad.  Everything I've tried from them has been fine, I guess, but none of it was any better than something I already owned and use.  Maybe it's just not for me.

@RollTide2008   I have several Tarte shadow palettes...Tartlette, Tartlette in Bloom, etc. The offerings don't seem too well thought out. The blush/contour palettes are not universal and there's only one new one. To be inclusive, there should be a choice of Light/Medium and Medium/Dark.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

One makeup I was disappointed in is Bare Minerals. I had tried their concealer or foundation years ago (don't remember which it was), but wasn't impressed. Not because of the wrong shade, either; the coverage wasn't very good for my needs at the time.

@teganslaw   I think they tried reinvent the wheel. Their powder foundations were great and a go to for many. Then they attempted to go to liquids, the powders in a compact that were cream to powder which failed. What followed was a stream of tubes of tinted moisturizer types and they lost their way.

I think the above has happened to IT Cosmetics, as well. There are many choices from the original to now Your Skin But Better and many incarnations of CC creams that are original, matte, etc. It's confusing to the customers.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I really like Tom Ford fragrances. His cosmetics are just ok. Many years ago a counter manager for them gave me a tube of lipstick for helping her and it was ok. Pretty color (it's a dark shade) but not anything exciting.  Of course being free that helped! It's not my perfect dark lip. That remains to be found! Every time I go on a hunt for a nice dark lip, can't find.  Many years ago channel had a color called vamp. Loved that shade!

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

@Shanus I really like Tom Ford fragrances. His cosmetics are just ok. Many years ago a counter manager for them gave me a tube of lipstick for helping her and it was ok. Pretty color (it's a dark shade) but not anything exciting.  Of course being free that helped! It's not my perfect dark lip. That remains to be found! Every time I go on a hunt for a nice dark lip, can't find.  Many years ago channel had a color called vamp. Loved that shade!

@Franklinbell   Have you tried MAC? I'd say they specialize in darker lip shades.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm really tired of finding something "good" for me....then they think they can do better and change it.   Many times it's no better and maybe doesn't even work as well. To tell you the truth, I think it makes a lot of people want to go to drugstore makeup, save some money, and look just as good.  What will all these big companies do when people find out the drugstore products are  (many times)  just as good as the high end makeup?   

Lately, when I think about my $42 foundation, I'm telling myself, just how big a difference does it really make in the way I look?  My answer lately is "not that much" or, at least, not enough to  pay that much more!   

Honored Contributor

@jubilant   Mot drugstore dupes are fine, but my only gripe is foundations, concealers, etc. No testers and impossible to find a match in shade and undertone. 

I always say if you get your foundation and concealers at a dept. store with the perfect shade, that's the most important. Get the foundation wrong and everything added to it looks off.