Respected Contributor

Re: ABOUT BB BEACH FRAGRANCE

Beach was my favorite fragrance. I remember having this discussion years ago when they changed the bottles and some posters (including me) claimed that they changed the fragrance. Most posters had the opinion that nothing changed. No one will ever convince me that they didn't change the fragrance, it was just not the same.

I also loved Bobbi's Party fragrance.

I love and still have half a bottle of Bath. I'll really miss that once it's gone. Such a beautiful, clean scent. How I wish they would bring it back!!

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Beach was my favorite fragrance. I remember having this discussion years ago when they changed the bottles and some posters (including me) claimed that they changed the fragrance. Most posters had the opinion that nothing changed. No one will ever convince me that they didn't change the fragrance, it was just not the same.

I love and still have half a bottle of Bath. I'll really miss that once it's gone. Such a beautiful, clean scent. How I wish they would bring it back!!

They DEFINITELY made a change.  The origianl fragrance really took you to the beach,  this one not so much.  I still love it and wear it.  I have an almost full bottle of BB's Almost Bare which is also very pretty.   Wish she would come back with a new line.  This new version of the BB line has wiped away most of what I loved....  both in fragrance offerings and lipsticks.  

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@lmt wrote:

They DEFINITELY made a change.  The origianl fragrance really took you to the beach,  this one not so much.  I still love it and wear it.  I have an almost full bottle of BB's Almost Bare which is also very pretty.   Wish she would come back with a new line.  This new version of the BB line has wiped away most of what I loved....  both in fragrance offerings and lipsticks.  

@nyc1  It's so sad that the old Beach is gone forever. I forgot about Almost Bare - I loved that one too!! I can't understand why they ditched all those beautiful fragrances.

I used to be a big fan of BB's makeup. I haven't bought anything in years, ever since they made Katie Holmes the brand face. Nothing against KH, but it was around that time that I noticed changes in the line and stopped purchasing from them.

Honored Contributor

I remember her line of "baby" fragrances, lotions, cleansers...so comforting. It was similar to Philosophy Baby Grace, but the fragrance lingered. We all hated seeing that one go. I stay w/ BB just for the Cleansing Oil, my Tinted Moisturizer, Foundation Stick and matching corrector/concealer...can't find a light enough fair neutral in any other line. I've been on the hunt for years. 

Valued Contributor

I too wore several of the BB fragrances:  Bobbie, Bare, Party, Bath - I think those were the names!  Loved them all.  I still use Beach, have a tiny bit of the bath gel and lotion. 

They were nice clean, easy to wear to work fragrances.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fifi1 

I also have some Beach items stashed away.  I found 2 of the body oils, that I love,  a full body lotion and the one I’m using is 3/4 full.  Last year their site also featured a Best of Beach kit that I bought when they had the 25% off.  It has a 1.7 oz fragrance and small sizes of body lotion, hand cream and a body exfoliator.  I bought 3!  2 are still unopened.   Then I have 3 bottles off the large size fragrance.   All purchased on sale.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pittsburgh Street Soapworks online does a great "Beach" in lotions and all bath and body products. LOVE their room/body spray in the Beach. Best dupe I've found.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Shanus. A friend of mine gave me a bottle of BB fragrance. I didn't like it at all even tho it was supposed to smell like fresh ocean air and the beach.  Just wasn't for me.

Regular Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Pittsburgh Street Soapworks online does a great "Beach" in lotions and all bath and body products. LOVE their room/body spray in the Beach. Best dupe I've found.

@silkyk, you beat me to it.  I second your rec for Pittsburgh Street Soapworks.  Most of Paulette's dupes are right on.  I never smelled the original BB Beach so can't give an opinion on this dupe, but she sells little mister samples to try first.

She has had to discontinue some of her most popular scents due to problems with her oil distributors, but last I checked she still had Beach.