Trusted Contributor

Re: ABH is under “New Arrivals”........

@Shanus wrote:

Another big FAIL by Q: When you get a new name brand cosmetic line, have a vendor come on and present it and explain/push the products. Don't hide them under "new arrivals" for someone to find and inform us here.

Such a big deal is being made to promote Carmindy when you had landed ABH? What?!?!

you’ve nailed it.  Why promote another exclusionary brand when you’ve ABH on the roster .  I haven’t been keeping up with the times and was SHOCKED to see Jackie Aina,s collaboration on an Anastasia palette.  This is bigger news than MallyxRue Paul.  Finally colors for those of color. This is not a collection of nearly whites and greys like IT, LG, Mally, SB, Tarte, etc etc, but colors with payoff that can be seen.  What a rare treat. So like the Q to keep it hidden away like a dirty secret.  They did the same thing with Urban Decay for a while 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

I remember when ABH was a shopping channel vendor on The Shopping Channel in Canada. This was before Sephora was in Canada and Anastasia Soare was actually the vendor rep. I think this was before she ever had an eyeshadow line or produced other color cosmetics except eyebrow products.

Fast forward and basically ABH has grown a lot and Anastasia's daughter Claudia Norvina is running the company. She is basically the one promoting the company and their products through social media, especially instagram.

I have to wonder if because the company has private investors if that's why this past year there has been such an avalanche of new ABH products dropping including a lot of new eyeshadow palettes. Here's an article from the Business of Fashion website from last year that sheds light on the topic after ABH got a private investor to fund their business:

https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/news-analysis/anastasia-debt-bloom-fades-as-lady-gaga-joi...

The market is also saturated with color cosmetics and maybe that's why ABH is deciding to market themselves on a TV shopping channel. People are starting to buy less color cosmetics and they already likely have a lot of eyeshadow palettes including from ABH so it's hard to say if a shopping channel can bring in a lot of new customers to ABH or not.

Edited to add that QVC needs to add the keyword tags ABH to their search engine if they want people to find the Anastasia Beverly Hills products because a lot of people use the shorthand name ABH when they discuss or look for items from this brand.

Honored Contributor

@TY   Thanks for the additional info. Q definitely needs to add ABH and promote the brand.

Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Another big FAIL by Q: When you get a new name brand cosmetic line, have a vendor come on and present it and explain/push the products. Don't hide them under "new arrivals" for someone to find and inform us here.

Such a big deal is being made to promote Carmindy when you had landed ABH? What?!?!

you’ve nailed it.  Why promote another exclusionary brand when you’ve ABH on the roster .  I haven’t been keeping up with the times and was SHOCKED to see Jackie Aina,s collaboration on an Anastasia palette.  This is bigger news than MallyxRue Paul.  Finally colors for those of color. This is not a collection of nearly whites and greys like IT, LG, Mally, SB, Tarte, etc etc, but colors with payoff that can be seen.  What a rare treat. So like the Q to keep it hidden away like a dirty secret.  They did the same thing with Urban Decay for a while 

@CoG   It's about time Q recognized the need for inclusivity in cosmetics!! 

Honored Contributor

Nice that QVC is bringing in new brands but....

I will continue to purchase my ABH products from Ulta with 20% off, 3-5x points (cash off used in store or online) and free shipping.