Super Contributor

and “natural” all purpose skin/hair care product that I ordered

is GLYCERINE.

The more I read product info./reviews, the more curious I became as to *why* this is not a more widely used and recommended all pupose product.

Its cheap, simple, non-toxic and is used in may skincare products already.

I bought a cheap .25 dermaroller to use every few days and think Glycerin is a good aftercare product.

A long time ago, I bought a huge liter bottle of hylaronic (sp) acid  (I think it was $88 at the time on Evine!) which would also work.

Prior to using the roller, I’m just going to press a warm cloth on my face to open pores...

Anyway, anyone use Glycerin as their basic skincare product...and why aren’t we!?

Honored Contributor

@JumpTheRope - I recently bought a bottle of plain acid (can’t spell the name either LOL) at Walmart, and after using it under a cheap restorative cream, I swear the dreaded cross checking on one my cheeks is getting softer.

The “acid” cost less than 5 dollars. I’m using it on all the furrows on my face.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

@JumpTheRope - I recently bought a bottle of plain acid (can’t spell the name either LOL) at Walmart, and after using it under a cheap restorative cream, I swear the dreaded cross checking on one my cheeks is getting softer.

The “acid” cost less than 5 dollars. I’m using it on all the furrows on my face.

@violann   I think you mean crosshatching.  Cross-checking is an infraction in ice hockey.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@violann wrote:

@violann   I think you mean crosshatching.  Cross-checking is an infraction in ice hockey.

You are correct, but my skin is such a mess it’s most likely both. 😉

Super Contributor

Typing in Hylaronic acid on Amazon, and it's incredibly cheap as a stand alone product.

Are we all being bamboozled by high skin care prices or what!

The pure "actives" sold individually, in various sizes, are very inexpensive.

I make sure to read all the info., such as cruelty free/organic/country of origin, etc.

Im thinking a good regimen for * very cheap* could include pure Hylaronic acid,

Vit. C, Glycerin, Witch Hazel with added other products as needed....such as retinol,

oils and scrubs.

Only thing is, I get nauseous thinking of the thousands I've spent on "name brands"

products which only had 1-3% of "actives" mixed in...lol

Esteemed Contributor

I had microdermabrasion on Saturday

I told her I use hyaluronic acid serum & vitamin C serum

I look for organic & pure on Amazon

she said that is what she recommends. 

I'm going to start microneedling later this week. 

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I had microdermabrasion on Saturday

I told her I use hyaluronic acid serum & vitamin C serum

I look for organic & pure on Amazon

she said that is what she recommends. 

I'm going to start microneedling later this week. 

VERY COOL!

Honored Contributor

I use glycerin in my diy skin care products. It makes a good solvent for some ingredients and helps keep vitamin C stable for longer. Glycerin helps attract and retain moisture in my skin. You can also make your own setting spray with glycerin by putting some in a misting spray bottle with water. 

Honored Contributor

Re: A very inexpensive

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee------so how do you use Glycerin ---is it mixed in with your products, like a drop pf glycerin to 2 drops of whatever and rub it on or actually a recipe for something--I enjoy  reading  what you have to say---would like to try the stuff in a spray--have been using a spray with grape water in it and wow, really like it. Use it after my cleansing and before any skincare.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@SilleeMee------so how do you use Glycerin ---is it mixed in with your products, like a drop pf glycerin to 2 drops of whatever and rub it on or actually a recipe for something--I enjoy  reading  what you have to say---would like to try the stuff in a spray--have been using a spray with grape water in it and wow, really like it. Use it after my cleansing and before any skincare.

Oh I'm glad you enjoy reading my posts @wagirl . How sweet!Woman Very Happy

The spray is super easy. I use a 4-oz fine-mist spray bottle and add about two teaspoons of glycerin and water. Glycerin is rather thick so I just squeeze a small amount into the bottle and eyeball it. Shake well and it will remain mixed. Once you spray it on and let it dry down, it should not feel sticky but it should feel somewhat moist.  If it feels sticky then just pour some out and add more water. Some people like more glycerin to make it really emollient. That's up to you.