Honored Contributor

Re: A very inexpensive

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@violann ...do you use the glycerin straight out of the bottle?  Not mixing with anything else?

Hi @Mom2Dogs - what I have purchased is not “glycerin”, but hyloronic (sp) acid. The container I bought at Walmart comes with an eye dropper that I use to spread it on all my numerous skin trenches, then when it dries, I smooth a thin layer of some drug store cosmetic moisturizer over it. I’ll post the exact product later.

I’m definitely not the lady-vain type, but my skin had gotten so bad I was thinking about draping a towel over the medicine cabinet sink when I brushed my teeth so that I wouldn’t have to look at myself in the mirror- but since I’ve been doing this, the improvement is THERE!

Now I’m thinking maybe the OTC moisturizer may have glycerin in it. I will check soon......

Respected Contributor

What you need to remember is that glycerin, just like hyaluronic acid is a humectant, which holds moisture on the surface of the skin. If you don't apply an occlusive moisturizer on top, that moisture will evaporate (transepidernal water loss or tewl) even pulling additional moisture from your skin with it. So it's important to seal that moisture in.

Super Contributor

So I'm thinking a Primer would achieve same effect as adding a moisturizer' right?

I still have a bottle of Dr. P's primer (which he discontinued years ago) which is thin and spreads easily over top.

Glycerin can also be used in your hair , which is great. My hair is sooooooooo dry I can apply "mud" and it absorbs so completely that it can't be seen!

Also, I got  my  dermaroller  .25 and plan to mix Glycerin w Hylaronic to apply after

(overnight).

Does that sound like a  reasonable  concoction?

Respected Contributor

@JumpTheRope as long as you seal it in with a moisturizer. 😊

Honored Contributor

Re: A very inexpensive

[ Edited ]

I use glycerin and I never have to seal it in with anything. Unlike HA, glycerin stays moist on my skin.  In fact my vit C serum contains quite a bit of glycerin and that makes it my daytime moisturizer as well.