Honored Contributor

@JumpTheRope  The only time I used Glycerin is when I was making a room spray with essential oils & spring water.  Essential oils and water do not mix but rather separate from each, the glycerin brings them together.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor
I've tried many hyaluronic acids...I'm big fan of its plumping quality. However, I have heard that if the hyaluronic is not processed properly it will not and cannot be absorbed into the skin, being the the molecules are too large. I've heard M
ASAM explain this very well...he has a Patten on his hyaluronic serum for this very reason. I used to love his serum when he first made it, then it seemed to change and got expensive. So now, its hit and miss for me. I never really know if I'm getting a good hyaluronic. I recently bought one at TJMAXX, doesn't seem to be working. I tried Manuella, and it was drying. Please recommend a good hyaluronic.
Where do you all buy you glycerin from?
Super Contributor

Hello

Amazon has Glycerin  for as little as $12/qrt......read reviews and product information.

They have pure Hylaronic acid too as well as the powder.

The Liter I have is Mauellas, which I bought several years ago. I remember she said there was two types in the bottle.

Theres tons of other "actives" for inexpensive prices, ...I had no idea. 

Honored Contributor

I have a bottle of glycerin,  ideas on use?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
I've tried many hyaluronic acids...I'm big fan of its plumping quality. However, I have heard that if the hyaluronic is not processed properly it will not and cannot be absorbed into the skin, being the the molecules are too large. I've heard M
ASAM explain this very well...he has a Patten on his hyaluronic serum for this very reason. I used to love his serum when he first made it, then it seemed to change and got expensive. So now, its hit and miss for me. I never really know if I'm getting a good hyaluronic. I recently bought one at TJMAXX, doesn't seem to be working. I tried Manuella, and it was drying. Please recommend a good hyaluronic.
Where do you all buy you glycerin from?

Since it will only cost you less than a good magazine, try the one sold in the vitamin section at Walmart (their generic vitamin-supplements brand). I’ve never bought anything except this, at any price, that worked until I picked up this.

Esteemed Contributor

In another lifetime, I used to make my own bath and body products.  I used to buy all my ingredients at Hobby Lobby.  They had blocks of pure glycerin -- plus tubs of shea butter, various oils, etc., all very cheap.  I remember the tub of pure shea butter was 99-cents.  HL had an entire aisle of bath and body ingredients back then - maybe they still do.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I use to love this product! I haven't used it for a long time because my skin doesn't seem to need it.

Heritage Store Rosewater & Glycerin, 8 Ounce

@Dazlin 

Check out products w/ sodium hyaluronic crosspolymer. That is supposed to be superior to other forms of HA.

Respected Contributor
@Harpa...thank you! I'm going to get that spray. I have one from Ultas brand I'm finishing now.
I'll look on Vitacost.
Honored Contributor

@violann ...do you use the glycerin straight out of the bottle?  Not mixing with anything else?

Honored Contributor

A damp cotton ball or pad with a little glycerin on it makes for an excellent makeup remover and it won't dry out your skin.