Valued Contributor

A score today @ Marshall's to share...

It is gratifying to know when you find a true score when shopping. By score, I mean a highly valuable product for extremely less than true market value. Visiting the Dead Sea last year, the skincare benefits of those minerals in the mud mixture there is exceptional and world famous. Ahava skincare is pretty pricey in Israel and here, but previously found an Ahava cleanser @TJM that was underpriced and became hooked on the benefits of it. I am a value shopper and beauty/skincare products are overrated here and a rip off, honestly. But I found a generic brand this time that had the Dead Sea minerals in their cleansers and snapped up as many as I could get my hands on for only $3.99! I danced out of Marshall's today as though I had just won the lottery. And sure enough, I put that product on just now and my face feels like a baby's skin. Happy day! Woman Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: A score today @ Marshall's to share...

@Good4u wrote:

@It is gratifying to know when you find a true score when shopping. By score, I mean a highly valuable product for extremely less than true market value. Visiting the Dead Sea last year, the skincare benefits of those minerals in the mud mixture there is exceptional and world famous. Ahava skincare is pretty pricey in Israel and here, but previously found an Ahava cleanser @TJM that was underpriced and became hooked on the benefits of it. I am a value shopper and beauty/skincare products are overrated here and a rip off, honestly. But I found a generic brand this time that had the Dead Sea minerals in their cleansers and snapped up as many as I could get my hands on for only $3.99! I danced out of Marshall's today as though I had just won the lottery. And sure enough, I put that product on just now and my face feels like a baby's skin. Happy day! Woman Very HappySmiley Very Happy

So what's the name of the generic brand?

Honored Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

@It is gratifying to know when you find a true score when shopping. By score, I mean a highly valuable product for extremely less than true market value. Visiting the Dead Sea last year, the skincare benefits of those minerals in the mud mixture there is exceptional and world famous. Ahava skincare is pretty pricey in Israel and here, but previously found an Ahava cleanser @TJM that was underpriced and became hooked on the benefits of it. I am a value shopper and beauty/skincare products are overrated here and a rip off, honestly. But I found a generic brand this time that had the Dead Sea minerals in their cleansers and snapped up as many as I could get my hands on for only $3.99! I danced out of Marshall's today as though I had just won the lottery. And sure enough, I put that product on just now and my face feels like a baby's skin. Happy day! Woman Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Anytime you find a deal the Happy Dance is in order.Smiley Happy  Glad you scored!!!

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Good4U!! I have always wondered about the dead sea mineral products for the face, so now I will definitely give them a try!! Years ago, I did try a sample of hand cream and my hands were so soft!!

Respected Contributor

Hi Good4u!

I always say when you "Score a Big Score"...

You have to do ..."The Happy Dance"!

Valued Contributor

The name of the generic brand is "SPA Original + Dead Sea Minerals".  When looking at either TJM or Marshall's it truly is a "hunting" experience for anything in these two stores.  It was the Dead Sea minerals on the box that caught my immediate attention.  I then had to check the box to make sure it was from Israel and sure enough, it was.  It is never a sure thing at either one of these stores and more often than not it is a bust, but...the one time that I shop there today...happy dance!  I'm not a consistent, regular shopper there and actually forgot to get the facial cleansers I was there to get!  Ugh!

Esteemed Contributor

When u do the Happy Dance, u also need to be Eating something at the same time. Don't forget to spin around. 

Israeli products are usually first class.

Nothin' like getting a GREAT product - especially today, when everything is made cheaply.

Respected Contributor

@Good4u  I don't shop the brick an mortar much, but when I do, it's usually one of those two stores!  I can go up my street about a mile, and either turn right to Marshalls or turn left (at the same intersection) to TJ Maxx.  What could be better than that!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

Good4u, I always see that in TJM but never minded it! thanx for mentioning that it's a good product. I'm sure I'll see it again next time and I'll give it a try. 😊

Trusted Contributor

That's a good score. I love Ahava and other Dead Sea products.