Esteemed Contributor

I'm looking for a safe, dark brown or black dye for eyelashes

if it exsists  

thanks in advance     TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: A safe dye for Eyelashes?

I use 1000 hour eyelash/brow dye from Amazon and like it. I do it every 6 weeks or so. I know people use henna as well, but I haven't tried it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmusethank you!  in my cart

Trusted Contributor

I get my eyelashes tinted about every 2 months.  When I was living near a Red Door, I went there.  Great results.

I went to a local salon/spa in my new area that tints brows/lashes, not too thrilled with the results.  I may have to try that product!

Respected Contributor

OK, this goes WAAAY back to the 1970's...early 1970's.. But there used to be a kit they sold at Woolworth's (I told you It was way back! LOL!) I used to use it in Jr High-  I remember you coated your eye area with vaseline so that it the dye splashed on your skin, it wouldnt "stick" to your skin! It was primitive, but effective, and  I havent been able to find it for decades- 

I have looked for it ever since, and never been able to find it- Given the relative risks of  putting dye chemicals so close  to ones, eyes, I can see the risks involved, and figured, like cyclamates, it was probably banned for our own good!

I never thought to look on Amazon- I am going to check this out! 

Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

Seems like an iffy DIY. I'd find a salon that does it.

Respected Contributor

not long ago,  used something from the drugstore, messy. i applied it and left it on longer than directed and  it lasted about 2 weeks.  had it done at a Salon, they probably used the same dye, it washed off in a week.

Many years ago i had an esthetician do my eyelashes several times every summer; whatever he used lasted a long time. The shade was blue/black. my lashes looked amazing!   i would never go without mascara back then even to the beach... i didn't need to wear it after he tinted my lashes.  wonder eye tint regulations changed.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse    I ordered the black for my lashes and dark brown for my brows.  I should get order on Monday. 

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@GenXmuse    I ordered the black for my lashes and dark brown for my brows.  I should get order on Monday. 

Yay! I really hope you like it! I need to do mine this weekend. 

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey    I would say to call a reputable hair salon to see if they offer the service.  C'zar in Bolingbrook or Naperville or Charles Ifergan in Oakbrook Terrace are two I think of.  I think it is best to have a professional do it.  You can also Google your subject matter.

kindness is strength