Honored Contributor

Re: A question to those who use Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid

I am not crazy about the tackiness of the liquid, please tell me about the other forumulas

thank you 

@HappyDaze wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

This is the one I bought on QVC is there another version 

thanks 

http://www.qvc.com/Paulas-Choice-Skin-Perfecting-2-BHA-Liquid-w-Travel-Size.product.A275734.html?sc=...

Yes, there are a few more different ones, assuming you are only interested in liquid (there are a few more in lotion and gels too) - RESIST 2%BHA (in a blue bottle), CLEAR anti-redness regular strength 2% BHA, and the CLEAR extra strength 2% BHA (still not sure why this is considered "extra strength" when it has the same amount of BHA as the regular strength.

They may or may not be available at QVC (I have not checked) but some or all are on dermstore, beauty.com, birchbox, paula's website, etc.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am not crazy about the tackiness of the liquid, please tell me about the other forumulas

thank you 

@HappyDaze wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

This is the one I bought on QVC is there another version 

thanks 

http://www.qvc.com/Paulas-Choice-Skin-Perfecting-2-BHA-Liquid-w-Travel-Size.product.A275734.html?sc=...

Yes, there are a few more different ones, assuming you are only interested in liquid (there are a few more in lotion and gels too) - RESIST 2%BHA (in a blue bottle), CLEAR anti-redness regular strength 2% BHA, and the CLEAR extra strength 2% BHA (still not sure why this is considered "extra strength" when it has the same amount of BHA as the regular strength.

They may or may not be available at QVC (I have not checked) but some or all are on dermstore, beauty.com, birchbox, paula's website, etc.

I found the one you are using is a bit more "tacky" then some of the others. I like the lotion but it is best for more dry skins and although I have dry skin, it is a bit too "heavy" for my skin but I still occasionally use it in winter when I have cold or wind chapped feeling.

If it is tacky on your skin, it could be because you are using a tad too much- try using a bit less. But I do know some are still a bit tackier on the skin than others regardless of how little or much you use.

The one I like the best these days and feel is the lightest on the skin is the CLEAR anti-redness one. Very lightweight.

They are great products so I think you will love the results once you find which formula works best for your skin. Good luck!

Contributor

Haven't tried this item before.

Valued Contributor

I don't have the BHA yet but I use a fine spray pump nozzle to apply her Resist Replenishing Toner. I also use the sprayer for the Redness Relief. I just spray it once on my face and use my fingertips to rub it in. If I get the BHA I will do the same thing. You can buy these at lotion/soap supplies stores online.

Trusted Contributor

Marketing far too many products with the same or similar ingredients is one of the reasons she's losing customers.  The email about the new, totally unnecessary eye cream is a sorry excuse for the duplicity and unmitigated greed she accuses everyone else of ! Searching for alternatives! Successfully and economically I might add! 

Honored Contributor

Not too many products at all -- not every formula is for every skin type :

@CoG wrote:

Marketing far too many products with the same or similar ingredients is one of the reasons she's losing customers.  The email about the new, totally unnecessary eye cream is a sorry excuse for the duplicity and unmitigated greed she accuses everyone else of ! Searching for alternatives! Successfully and economically I might add! 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CoG wrote:

Like another poster said, they have different ones for different needs. And luckily they do because I was able to find one that works well for me.

I think you've made your feelings well known on every Paula's choice post possible, lol. I have been using them for 10+ years enjoy them. My Derm says my skin is in great condition so I am sticking with what works for me. Not alot of people stick with a line of skincare for as long as many of us have with Paula's choice. They are effective, reasonably priced, well formulated products full of really good ingredients, and their customer service is second to none.  And she isn't losing customers- her company has been growing even more rapidly now that she is offering her products in more places. I even saw her products in Pharmaca- a brick and mortar store.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the lotion 2 percent bha and the gel 2 percent bha and don't like the gel.  Both leave a sticky feel.  I wonder if the lotion has less salicylic acid in it...

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I have the lotion 2 percent bha and the gel 2 percent bha and don't like the gel.  Both leave a sticky feel.  I wonder if the lotion has less salicylic acid in it...

The lotion has 2% BHA so are you asking if it has less salicylic acid then the 2%BHA  gel? If so, no, they are both 2%. Perhaps I don't understand what you are asking?

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, that was confusing.  I just think the lotion seems to work better for me than the gel.  I thought it had glycolic acid in it but I guess both of them don't.  I actually prefer glycolic acid products.