Honored Contributor

A question to those who use Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid

I just received mine and have applied it twice by just putting some in my hand rather than use a cotton pad. But I'm not sure whether I'm using too much or too little.

If you use this method (or if you use a cotton pad or ball), how much do you pour out?

TIA.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Re: A question to those who use Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid

Welcome to the BHA - it's my holy grail product!

You should be able to do one light pass over your whole face.

I use cotton pads from CVS.

Please be sure to wash your hands so they don't dry out.

Honored Contributor

I just use about 2-3 drops in the palm of my hand but use it all the way down my neck too. If it feels sticky, you've used too much. Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

suzieQ-

I do exactly the same with the 2% BHA.    I feel too much would be absorbed into a cotton ball or pad, so I squirt a bit out on my wrist or fingers and apply with my fingers.  If I don't get enough the 1st time I'll squirt out a bit more and continue until my face and neck are completely covered with a light coat.  It absorbs pretty quickly.

I know it's a bit awkward since the BHA is liquid, but this method works well for me.

I've used her 8% AHA for at least 10 years.  Because it's a gel it's a little bit denser-  but not much really- it's a very watery gel.    I apply it exactly the same way.

ETA:  Yes, wash your hands right after.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, I've never used a cotton pad. I've been using PC's 2% liquid BHA for years. At first, I would put a few drops in my hand but now I mix it along with my other morning products including moisturizer in the palm of my hand and apply it all at once. 

I find that it works better this way and it does not leave such a shiny finish afterwards. I switched to the one from her Clear line and it is much less 'greasy' than the one in the white bottle.

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

Since my face has been freshly cleansed I did a trial run just for you.  Ha!

It's one of those things I don't  really think about, just go through the motions..  It took 4 drops to cover my face and neck.  Maybe I have a big face.  I DO have a fairly long neck. :-P

I agree w/ HappyDaze.  Sticky = Too Much

Honored Contributor

I use 3 -4  drops and rub with fingers onto face and neck.

My nails dry out and break if I don't wash this product off really well.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

You have all helped me to gauge the amount I need. Thanks so much.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

Since my face has been freshly cleansed I did a trial run just for you.  Ha!

It's one of those things I don't  really think about, just go through the motions..  It took 4 drops to cover my face and neck.  Maybe I have a big face.  I DO have a fairly long neck. :-P

I agree w/ HappyDaze.  Sticky = Too Much

LOL! No, I don't really think about it either- I mean it has been about 10 years using her BHA so I don't really measure anymore but I guestimated. I did a trial run too and I'd say 3 is a bit more realistic, maybe 4 if I am going to do my chest too (hit or miss if I do it).

LOl, I am sure your neck is just fine

Honored Contributor

I use Clean & Clear........same 2%........more economical

♥Surface of the Sun♥