Honored Contributor

Re: A question to those who use Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid

[ Edited ]

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@HappyDaze One more question on PC's BHA. Do you prefer the 2% Liquid, 2% Lotion or the 2% Resist Daily Pore Refining Treatment? I did place an order yesterday for the 4% Weekly Retexturizing Foam and the 2% Resist Pore Refining Treatment. It seems like they all get good reviews but some felt the liquid left their face too shiny, some people thought one product was more effective than the other or vice versa. Wondering if you've tried them all and if so, which one you prefer and why. TIA.

@UMDTerpFan feel free to ask as many question as you want. Smiley Happy Okay so many years ago I started out using the regular Skin perfecting 2% liquid. Some years back, my skin was becoming more dry than normal so I switched over the to the 2% lotion. Eventually my skin kind of found balance again and is still a bit on the dry side but the lotion was kind of a bit too much and I noticed my skin was starting to get a tad sensitive and would occasionally get some slight redness around the sides of my nose (age, blah...)  so probably about 2 years ago now I switched to the CLEAR anti-redness 2% BHA regular strength and love this one for my skin at this point.

I will still occasionally use the lotion for winter when my skin feels a bit more chapped (due to wind or cold) and I need a bit more moisture but mostly stick with the CLEAR. I like the CLEAR because it is the most lightweight, watery consistency and I've never had it be tacky like I've experienced with the regular 2%. Also I think if you use too much of the regular 2% then it will feel more sticky so perhaps try less and see if that helps.

I have tried the RESIST one but it actually breaks me out a bit so something in it doesn't really play well with my skin. Not sure what. I also noticed that one can be a bit tacky feeling (i.e. sticky) if you use too much.

I use the lotion and liquid on my feet too. Smiley Happy

Honestly, I think they all perform well for me- I didn't notice any one in particular being better in terms of results. The RESIST has the most anti-aging ingredients so you might consider that one if you need/want more anti-aging ingredients. The CLEAR one has the least amount of ingredients (i.e. least anti-aging) but I use other products for anti-aging and don't really need them in my BHA product too.

HTH?

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@HappyDaze One more question on PC's BHA. Do you prefer the 2% Liquid, 2% Lotion or the 2% Resist Daily Pore Refining Treatment? I did place an order yesterday for the 4% Weekly Retexturizing Foam and the 2% Resist Pore Refining Treatment. It seems like they all get good reviews but some felt the liquid left their face too shiny, some people thought one product was more effective than the other or vice versa. Wondering if you've tried them all and if so, which one you prefer and why. TIA.

@UMDTerpFan feel free to ask as many question as you want. Smiley Happy Okay so many years ago I started out using the regular Skin perfecting 2% liquid. Some years back, my skin was becoming more dry than normal so I switched over the to the 2% lotion. Eventually my skin kind of found balance again and is still a bit on the dry side but the lotion was kind of a bit too much and I noticed my skin was starting to get a tad sensitive and would occasionally get some slight redness around the sides of my nose (age, blah...)  so probably about 2 years ago now I switched to the CLEAR anti-redness 2% BHA regular strength and love this one for my skin at this point.

I will still occasionally use the lotion for winter when my skin feels a bit more chapped (due to wind or cold) and I need a bit more moisture but mostly stick with the CLEAR. I like the CLEAR because it is the most lightweight, watery consistency and I've never had it be tacky like I've experienced with the regular 2%. Also I think if you use too much of the regular 2% then it will feel more sticky so perhaps try less and see if that helps.

I have tried the RESIST one but it actually breaks me out a bit so something in it doesn't really play well with my skin. Not sure what. I also noticed that one can be a bit tacky feeling (i.e. sticky) if you use too much.

I use the lotion and liquid on my feet too. Smiley Happy

Honestly, I think they all perform well for me- I didn't notice any one in particular being better in terms of results. The RESIST has the most anti-aging ingredients so you might consider that one if you need/want more anti-aging ingredients. The CLEAR one has the least amount of ingredients (i.e. least anti-aging) but I use other products for anti-aging and don't really need them in my BHA product too.

HTH?

@HappyDaze Thanks for the info. If the Resist Pore product breaks me out, I may give this one a try. I'm 60 so my skin can always use the extra anti-aging/antioxidents unless it breaks me out. I didn't realize that there is only one BHA and it is salicylic acid until I was reading what AHAs and BHAs are made of on About Health. Boy Paulas Choice does offer a lot to choose from in BHAs.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

I'm not HappyDaze, but I'll throw in my two cents.....

Last summer, at the recommendation of @HappyDaze and several other posters, I tried PC BHA for the first time. I'm in my early thirties and had been dealing with clogged pores and little bumps under my skin. I started with the sample size bottle of the Clear 2% BHA liquid and sample packets of the other varieties of liquid BHA. I preferred the Clear one, so I reordered it in the full size. I love it because it literally feels like applying water to my skin, no tackiness or stickiness. 

Earlier this year, I ordered the 4% BHA foam. I try to use it once a week (sometime twice if I remember), at night only. I like it, and it seems to give nice results. One pump is enough to cover my entire face, and I'm still on my first bottle. The one negative is the smell; it's definitely "fishy" when first applied, but the smell dissipates quickly. It also leaves my skin somewhat tacky, so I never use it during the day. 

Trusted Contributor

@DoxieMomma  Did the 4% kind of boost the results?  And are your similar issues cleared up? I am using the 2% liquid and liking it.  I have the pore issues on my nose and chin.  I have an area about the size of a quarter on one upper cheek with the small bumps.  I think it is getting better, but if the 4% foam will speed it up I'm gonna order some.  

I think I am going to call their CS too and order some stuff with the free shipping and the sample C.

Trusted Contributor

@DoxieMomma wrote:

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

I'm not HappyDaze, but I'll throw in my two cents.....

Last summer, at the recommendation of @HappyDaze and several other posters, I tried PC BHA for the first time. I'm in my early thirties and had been dealing with clogged pores and little bumps under my skin. I started with the sample size bottle of the Clear 2% BHA liquid and sample packets of the other varieties of liquid BHA. I preferred the Clear one, so I reordered it in the full size. I love it because it literally feels like applying water to my skin, no tackiness or stickiness. 

Earlier this year, I ordered the 4% BHA foam. I try to use it once a week (sometime twice if I remember), at night only. I like it, and it seems to give nice results. One pump is enough to cover my entire face, and I'm still on my first bottle. The one negative is the smell; it's definitely "fishy" when first applied, but the smell dissipates quickly. It also leaves my skin somewhat tacky, so I never use it during the day. 

@DoxieMomma Thanks for your response. After both your response and HappyDaze, I wish I'd bought the Clear now. Oh well, I'll try the resist first then try the Clear next time. I'm looking forward to trying the 4% foam too. Thanks again.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!