Esteemed Contributor

Re: A question for those who use Paula's Choice Vit C serum

I won't be much help to you because I do mix it with her serum. I cup my hand and add the serum then I put about 4-5 drops of the Vit C into it. I rub that together to mix together and then apply to face and neck and all over my hands with the rest. Then when I am done and that has soaked in, a couple of minutes, I cup my hand again and add maybe 3-4 more drops and take my ring finger and apply under eyes, over my lips and between my brows, to do a little more targeting on spots I think need help.

It does absorb fast so that is why I like to mix it. I apply the Vit C serum after I do my moisturizer so I have applied it without mixing but this is just the way I prefer to do it.  I just like to target those specific areas because I am a squinter and I really feel it helps. I have no 11's and just crows feet when I smile. WIth my job I could get all the botox and filler I want for free but I have a real problem with my immune system so I worry I would get a staph infection on my face and those can be really terrible. Sometimes I think just go for it, but then I think of how horrible a staph infection on my face could be. Maybe I am a little paranoid but with my experience, I would rather be safe then sorry.

I have used probably about 30-40 different Vit C serums and this one has really shown me the most benefit out of ANY product I have used on my face with maybe the exception of BHA and AHA's and of course SPF. I probably use more than I should, but not by a whole lot. My skin is just so much brighter and firmer since I started using this. I have really taken good care of my skin since I have been in my early 20s. I haven't gone one single day without SPF in over 20 yrs, I don't lay out in the sun, I don't smoke, drink alcohol only occasionally and really don't eat a ton of sugar. I think that definitely has the most to do with how my skin is now but I really like this serum and have seen a noticeable difference. I know everyone has different skin that responds differently to certain ingredients and even the amount of ingredients. This just works for me.

I am VERY realistic to what skin care can do. I don't feel I expect too much. I do wish this product maybe had a little more "weight" to it but I don't want the results I am getting to change so I deal with it. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 thank you for all the great information. I normally mix it with my serum too but occasionally add it straight up, lol. Hey, slight digression here (sorry SuzyQ!) but do you use a product with peptides in it and, if so, what product do you like? I always respect and appreciate all your knowledge on skincare.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 thank you for all the great information. I normally mix it with my serum too but occasionally add it straight up, lol. Hey, slight digression here (sorry SuzyQ!) but do you use a product with peptides in it and, if so, what product do you like? I always respect and appreciate all your knowledge on skincare.

Hey @HappyDaze, I do use some products with peptides in them and right now they all happen to be PC products, though that does change. I do use another brand  but I recently ran out and threw out the bottle so I can't remember the name. Let me look for that on my past purchases and I will include that later. That is one I normally use in the summer. Right now I use Resist Intensive Repair Cream, Resist Daily Pore Refining Treatment BHA 2%(love that), Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum and Resist 1% Retinol Booster. I will come back and give you the other one I use too. I use the BHA and serum daily. The rest I alternate in and out. Happydaze you are pretty darn knowledgeable about skincare along with a lot of ladies on here!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Hey @HappyDaze, I do use some products with peptides in them and right now they all happen to be PC products, though that does change. I do use another brand  but I recently ran out and threw out the bottle so I can't remember the name. Let me look for that on my past purchases and I will include that later. That is one I normally use in the summer. Right now I use Resist Intensive Repair Cream, Resist Daily Pore Refining Treatment BHA 2%(love that), Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum and Resist 1% Retinol Booster. I will come back and give you the other one I use too. I use the BHA and serum daily. The rest I alternate in and out. Happydaze you are pretty darn knowledgeable about skincare along with a lot of ladies on here!!

@Irshgrl31201 thank you! I know I've tried the super antioxidant concentrate. I've used her 2% BHA products for 10+ years but can't remember if I"ve tried the resist one. I will need to go back through my order history and find out.  I didn't realize it has peptides in it. I look forward to hearing what other product you've used whenever you get a chance to look it up. Thanks for your help!

Respected Contributor

I mix it with one of her serums because I also found that it seemed to evaporate before I could cover my face. The next time that I order I may look at her C in the tube. I would actually prefer a tube because I feel that a little bit of air enters the bottle as I am dispensing in my hands.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

I mix it with one of her serums because I also found that it seemed to evaporate before I could cover my face. The next time that I order I may look at her C in the tube. I would actually prefer a tube because I feel that a little bit of air enters the bottle as I am dispensing in my hands.

@Tricolor, I don't know whether you saw my update, but I now have no problem with application. I just some drops in the palm of my hand and immediately pat it on my face and neck.

Before you decide to go with the spot treatment that comes in a tube, you might want to compare the ingredients. Because it has no water, it has a few silicones for slip. I have no problem with silicones per se, but I do prefer the serum for all the other good stuff in it besides Vit C.

Resist C15 Super Booster serum ingredients:

Water, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C/antioxidant), Ethoxydiglycol (hydration/penetration enhancing), PPG-26 Buteth-26 (texture-enhancing), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (texture-enhancing), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Sodium Hyaluronate (hydration/skin replenishing), Acetyl Octapeptide-3 (skin-restoring), Glycerin (hydration/skin replenishing), Panthenol (skin replenishing), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer/antioxidant), Triethanolamine (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Resist 25% Vitamin C Spot Treatment ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane (hydration), Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C/antioxidant), Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate (emollient), Poly-11 (texture-enhancing), Dimethicone (hydration), Polymethylsilsesquioxane (texture-enhancing), Disteardimonium Hectorite (texture-enhancing), Propylene Carbonate (preservative).

Also, if you use the tube for all over, you might want to make sure that you can handle 25% Vit C. That's more than any serum I know of. And if you do use it all over, you might want to figure out the cost difference as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3, I did miss your update. Sorry. Must say that Paula's Choice is the best Vit C that I have ever used. Thank you for your response.