Trusted Contributor

Re: A question for those who use Paula's Choice Vit C serum

This is good to know, I'm almost done with my original dropper bottle of Paula's Vit. C.

Do you use it all over or just on certain spots?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster (2-3 drops) and 2-3 drops of Vitamin C.  I love it that way and it smooths on easily. 

I just put the drops in the palm of my hand.  

ETA:  I wish PC would make the Vitamin C serum in a cream base.  It would be so much easier to apply.  Also, I can travel with it better if it was in a tube.  (No leaking and just overall less messy and easier to apply).  

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

This is good to know, I'm almost done with my original dropper bottle of Paula's Vit. C.

Do you use it all over or just on certain spots?

@PilatesLover, I use it on my face, neck, and chest. Whatever might be left, which isn't much with this serum, I'll rub on the top of my hands and arms.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I use Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster (2-3 drops) and 2-3 drops of Vitamin C.  I love it that way and it smooths on easily. 

ETA:  I wish PC would make the Vitamin C serum in a cream base.  It would be so much easier to apply.  Also, I can travel with it better if it was in a tube.  (No leaking and just overall less messy and easier to apply).  

@Sunshine Kate, yes, the palm of your hand does work the best.

Some companies make a Vit C in a cream, I think. But they would undoubtedly not have the strength that a Vit C serum has. PC does a make a Vit C spot treatment product in a tube, if you're interested. I personally prefer the serum for all over the face because I'm primarily interested with improving the overall clarity and the collagen-building qualites of Vit C.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I had better luck with it today. I was able to get it onto my face before it absorbed. Thank you all for the comments.

@suzyQ3 are you going to stick with the PC or are you going back to NCN's?

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I had better luck with it today. I was able to get it onto my face before it absorbed. Thank you all for the comments.

@suzyQ3 are you going to stick with the PC or are you going back to NCN's?

@HappyDaze, I really don't know yet. If I stick with PC, I will have to buy a full-size bottle because this sample bottle is annoying me in that I have come so close to knocking it over each time I put the dropper back in (my hands are otherwise occupied rushing to pat it on).

NCN's is less expensive, and it contains glutathione. It's also 20 percent as opposed to 15 percent L-ascorbic acid.

I wish I knew in advance which serum is the more stable. That's a major concern.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Sunshine Kate, yes, the palm of your hand does work the best.

Some companies make a Vit C in a cream, I think. But they would undoubtedly not have the strength that a Vit C serum has. PC does a make a Vit C spot treatment product in a tube, if you're interested. I personally prefer the serum for all over the face because I'm primarily interested with improving the overall clarity and the collagen-building qualites of Vit C.

@suzyQ3, yes there is a Vitamin C in a cream.  I used it for years before I tried PC.  It's LaRoche-Posay, Active C Corrective Dermatological Care For Wrinkles.  I usually ordered it from Dermstore, but can buy other places.

It lasts a long time because it's in a cream base and applies like silk on the face.  Works good for me also, just wanted to try something different for a change.    

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, finally getting around to checking back on my questions!  I ordered a sample size of the oil booster, it sounds like a lovely product. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Update: I have no problem now applying the serum. I just put the drops in the palm of my hand and then apply.

I am really liking this product so much that I ordered a full-size bottle. My skin has regained that glow that I had when I was using NCN's Vit C serum. I will see how stable a full bottle remains (hopefully, the three months they state).

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 please update when you try out a full bottle as to how long it stays stable. I've only been using the smaller sizes becaue I found that the regular sized one crystalized rather quickly. I didn't like that as it makes me wonder about the efficacy of the product when that happens. Also it does say to use it up within 3 months and even using it every day I couldn't finish it in 3 months so it seemed so wasteful? This was a few years ago so maybe it is better now.