Respected Contributor

A question for anybody using Charlotte Tilbury

I was so excited to find out today you can order from her website! I thought her line was only available at Nordy's and a few others.

At any rate I ordered the Eye Rescue cream because it looked so beautiful on the model.  I ordered the Eye Wand, and I have a question right there: are there any pictures on her website specifically for narrowing down color choices so that you don't have go through tons of selfies?

I also ordered the Seductive Pallet.

Another question I have is about her Wonder Glow: I'm sure it works best with her foundation, but will it work with others?  I thought about ordering it and the foundation as well, but if I can get away without another foundation on my table, that really would be for the better.  I am getting samples-but I was so impressed!

Do you have any favorites? Thanks,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Re: A question for anybody using Charlotte Tilbury

I don't have any specific feedback on those particular products but I absolutely love her Magic Foundation. It's the only foundation that I've purchased repeatedly and I hope they never discontinue it. 

Its light weight with buildable medium coverage and doesn't irritate my skin. 

I got a sample of the Wonder glow but haven't tried it-i forgot it until you mentioned it right now. I'll try it out in the next few days though!

Respected Contributor

@Poodlepet2 Please post a review of the eye cream.  I am still looking for The One.

Respected Contributor

Montana, I used the Tria laser for eyes and it worked beautifully, but I still had "reptile" dry skin under my eyes in spite of using the treatment that came with it.  My total game changer was the PTR retinol serum: my skin looks hydrated!  I don't look terrible without MU at all. (Hmm...I do look better with it!)

The reason I ordered the Eye cream is not so much for issues, but it's amazing. Go to her site and watch her videos: not all of her models are young or magazine models either. They are beautiful real women. I can't wait to get my goodies-try them, and try the samples....Sixty plus dollars for three teaspoons of product is a lot of money, but the results were astounding. I will post results!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2  I LOVE her products and usually order from her site (though Nordstrom, Beautylish and a few other places carry the line as well).

Regarding her colors: on her site there are different apps to help you find the lipstick and foundation shades that work for you. I've used them and they are very accurate. The model with my coloring (the fairest) has warm undertones, so if lip color looks off, then I know it will work for me and vice verse.

Wonder Glow is great under or over foundation. I used it just on the T-zone and top of the cheeks and it gives a beautiful glow without looking greasy or shiny and does not show up lines or make the skin dry (unlike powder). Her foundations are excellent. I have and use both and use them in different ways for different needs.

I own just about every product she makes (save a few palettes that contain shades I will NEVER use).  There are some that don't work for me and others that the quality was amazing but the color was not. Any questions, just ask!!!!  : )

Respected Contributor

Sahmlam, thank you for your input! I am a MU addict, but her line really excites me! Last night I revisited her site and fell in love with the "Sophisticated" look. The older model ( silver hair), looked stunning! I don't think I could wear that lip stick, but this morning I woke up thinking about it.....Just shoot me, but I ordered the contour (light), a blush/ lipstick set ( powder blush: I can't remember the name) but the lipstick is called Perfect  #itch and it's beautiful!

I also ordered the mini brush set.

I love the skin care I am using now-it's working. But I'm curious about the moisturizer.  Do you use it? If you do, how does it compare to others in terms of what sets it apart and made a difference?

Well, as Charlotte would say, I can't wait to hear "Darling"Smiley Happy

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2  I have a love/hate going on with her Magic Cream. The SPF is chemical, not physical and no doctor I know recommends a chemical spf for protection. In addition, it's only spf 15: barely enough to offer anything PLUS, you have to use A LOT of it to get protection (which means major greaseball). Last, it darkens my foundation; no clue as to why.

HOWEVER...it does a GREAT job of hydrating the skin and is a great primer. I have 4 mini jars and use it on my neck and chest and love it. I wish she made it without the spf, to be honest. Interestingly; it and the Magic Foundation are the ONLY products that can't be shipped to the US from overseas; apparently the ingredients are DIFFERENT in the European products. I've been told that those who use the UK version (the original) can definitely tell the difference when using the US version (same with the foundation); many beauty bloggers have commented on this as well (UK, German and French as well as US). I'm hoping to receive a sample of the UK version when my MIL arrives from London this week.

If NONE of these things are an issue for you( lol) and you have dry skin, go for it!!! I love how it feels on the skin. The scent, however, is pure sunscreen. Shame as her other skin products have a much nicer, lighter scent.

The contour duo is amazing. B*tch Perfect was too warm for me but I own other lipsticks of hers. WOW on the mini brush set. I'm tempted by the full brush set but I don't need any more brushes, darn it. I own the contour brush and it's great!!

Enjoy it all!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I love the CT magic foundation and the lipsticks and lipliners are stellar.  Everything else I ended up returning as I thought the products mediocre and very expensive for what they were..