Honored Contributor

Re: A phone caller on Evine Just said

Honored Contributor

Has the brand been around for 40 years? Or did it make her look younger than when she began? Sounds like a magic potion!
Esteemed Contributor

I spent a fortune on Skinn products and they aren’t any better than drugstore.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ

LOL!  

Have you seen the woman on Cover Girl ads?  She says something about some women giving up on beauty after a certain age, and she says she has no idea what that age might be.   The ad, in text, states she's 70.  OMG!  The woman looks 90 if she's a day!  If I looked like she does, I wouldn't be bragging.  Acceptance of age is one thing, but that ad goes too far.  

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

She's full of herself.

@pupwhipped  I never have understood this saying.  I mean what else would a person be full of?  And if you are full of some other substance, gosh I can't think of an example Woman WinkWoman Embarassed, right now, but SOME other things might be worse.  To be full of that is!  LOL!!!

It means she has a BIG EGO. NOT too hard to figure out.

Valued Contributor

We've had posters on here make the same claim, they are 70 but look 50 and still get carded!!! Girl they carding you to see if you qualify for the Senior discount lol. Most women look their age, maybe older, maybe at best a few years younger.  Believing otherwise, we are deluding ourselves. 

Valued Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

LOL!  

Have you seen the woman on Cover Girl ads?  She says something about some women giving up on beauty after a certain age, and she says she has no idea what that age might be.   The ad, in text, states she's 70.  OMG!  The woman looks 90 if she's a day!  If I looked like she does, I wouldn't be bragging.  Acceptance of age is one thing, but that ad goes too far.  

She was a former model and she is also Elon Musks mom. So she has the money  & knowledge to look that great. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would agree that you do not look as if you are about to turn 70. You have aged very well. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have an aunt that is 92 and she don't look a day over 91.    :0)

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

.....that using Skinn cosmetics  for years, she is told by people she looks in her 30’s when in reality she is 70......

It must be those guys who sell skin care in the kiosks in the mall...do you guys have those?   They call out to me and my daughter and say "hello, sisters!  You are sisters; right"?  So my thought is wow...if I look 28, why would I need to buy your skincare!?   Woman LOL

They are relentless! I pretend I’m on my phone as I walk by so they will leave me alone. I know, that’s sad....