Respected Contributor

A helpful hint.......

[ Edited ]
When I receive a beauty product I write on the box when I received it with permanent marker. This way I know when I purchased it. Also, after opening it I put the date on the label. I also do this on my food products. It saves you on having to guess when product was purchased and when opened. Here's a site you can go to and check when a beauty product was package. Great site: http://check cosmetic.net/
Honored Contributor

Re: A helpful hint.......

[ Edited ]

Thanks for sharing;. I do the same with food labels. 

I note the date & vendor on product manuals; no room to store boxes.

Honored Contributor

@Save the Whales wrote:
When I receive a beauty product I write on the box when I received it with permanent marker. This way I know when I purchased it. Also, after opening it I put the date on the label. I also do this on my food products. It saves you on having to guess when product was purchased and when opened.

I use my Sharpie to date everything -- even laundry detergent!  I've been doing it for some time and now I have a much better idea of how long it actually takes to use a product.  Keeps me from purchasing items too soon and avoids stockpiling.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I always mean to mark the container but I usually forget.

I don't stock up on things so I really don't worry about them going bad but it would be helpful to know how long things last.

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Thanks for sharing;. I do the same with food labels. 

I note the date & vendor on product manuals; no room to store boxes.

I have a special box that I purchased at Michaels it's one of those pretty flower ones and I keep all my manuals for all things purchased and warranties. It comes in handy sometimes. Specially when something fails a few months after purchasing. I go straight to the company not where purchased. Get better customer service that way!!!