Super Contributor

Re: A great solution for time-saving eyeshadow application

@I am still oxox wrote:

I tried it last night with my small BB and it worked pretty well. Thank you for posting this

I tried it and thought it worked well too!  I actually got a better color payoff than with a brush!  It's really a great idea that worked well for me 😊

Trusted Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

This may not be suited for everyone, but I'm thrilled it works so well,  I thought it worthy to pass on to all forum beauties.  Just by happenstance after cleansing a bunch of brushes, I was hurried to get to a dinner on time.  I grabbed one of those 1 1/2" beauty blenders, I think by RT.  They're shaped like a mini BB, mine are black and came in a 2-pack.  Many vloggers use them for under eye and under eye baking techniques which is too time intensive for my lifestyle.  Due to their size and shape they fit my eyelids perfectly.   Swiping one side from point to bottom starting in the inner corner, I applied a lighter base shade from a BB shadow palette I've had for eons. 

OMGosh- the control  of application was amazing to me.  I could easily get right into the corner of my eyes with precision.  Then I  rotated the mini BB & used a medium-dark shade blending from outer v  and  onto lid melding into the lighter shade. I finish it off with a light glowy shade in the middle of each lid with impressive results.  Effortlessly!  The color saturation was so much better after only 1 swipe  All with no fall out.  I use the BB dry. To experiment further I've been trying with shadows I've set aside due to the time it takes to pack enough on to even show up.  The little BB made these easy and laid down more pigment than I ever achieved with a brush in a fraction of the time it would normally take.

I guess one could compare to the wands with foam sponge ends, but really, for me the results are far superior.  I don't know if it's a replacement for brushes.  I do know it works so well I no longer dread the time it takes to apply my shadow just right.

BTW, I  have a lot of eyelid show and never go beyond the crease- as my eye to eyebrow ratio is greater- It would look crazy taking shadow up that far with any color other than a natural or cream shade..   I do use a light shade right under the brows with the other sponge from the 2 pack. Beyond a time-saver there's no muss & fuss. I'm out the door so much faster. YAY!!!

Yes. I own good eyeshadow brushes and know how to use them.Smiley Wink

@Funloving  ty Smiley Happy!!!! I'll pick up the mini bb's soon....they are everywhere. They are the mini ones right? like really small like mini eggs?

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

I tried it this morning and WOW, it worked great!  And it was so fast.  It literally took a minute to do my entire eye look, which would normally take at least 5 minutes and 4 brushes.  I only have the regular BB, but I'm going to pick up the small ones.  The big one is a little too big for my eyes but it worked in a pinch.  Thank you SO much for this tip!

Respected Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@Funloving  ty Smiley Happy!!!! I'll pick up the mini bb's soon....they are everywhere. They are the mini ones right? like really small like mini eggs?

That's the type I used in my experiment @mimi5775.  I noticed a while back after I began this post, at Sephora one of the prestige makeup brands now has a shadow brush with a small beauty blender on the end of the handle where the brush hairs would be... reviewed as newest eyeshadow brush. I think it's Hourglass, but don't hold me to that.. my memory isn't the best.  How funny! LOL  They're charging a pretty penny for it too!  Hope you're doing well Mar!!

Trusted Contributor

@Funloving  thanks for this tip..love tips!

I'm not surprised someone would come up with this mini egg on a stick for use as a shadow applicator! haha wish I had thought of that!

I'm doing okay just have recently been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis but no lesions!!? (ODD) but thank God... and this pain has me so down...now it's getting cold here in Eastern PA, makes things worse.

Thanks for asking. Hope you are well Smiley Happy! Glad I popped on here to see ya and read reviews Smiley Wink

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky