Honored Contributor

A good video discussing top 10 concealers....

[ Edited ]

I follow Taylor Wynn, a you-tuber that uploads a video every Monday, Wed, Friday.  She's a 28 year old that has good informative videos for both drug store and high end makeup.

In this video she discusses her top 10 concealers which happen to be more drug store than high end.  In fact, I'm going to try the Covergirl True Blend concealer after watching this video.

Honored Contributor

Re: A good video discussing top 10 concealors....

Most of these 'influencers' are provided with free products in return for their positive 'opinions', so I don't put any stock in any of them.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Well there's certainly a lot of different shades of that TruBlend concealer and the price is very affordable. The hardest part for me is getting the right color...I just hate that part. I think Walmart takes back opened cosmetics for refunds as long as you have a receipt. 

Honored Contributor

It is very hard to hear her. She does not  speak clearly or well. Did not catch any of the names of the concealors or where to purchase.

Trusted Contributor

While most You Tube beauty people receive free PR from brands, the good ones give their honest opinion even when it's negative.  Personally, I would never continue to watch someone if they only had positive things to say about everything.  Some of my favorites are Tati, Mel Thompson and Angie Hot and Flashy.  All of them have given plenty of negative reviews about products they're received for free.

As far as returns, I think most places accept them now on opened makeup.  I know CVS, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, etc. all do.  I think it's even more important that places that sell drugstore brands accept returns as there are no testers/samples as there are in places like Sephora, Nordstrom, etc.

Respected Contributor

Re: A good video discussing top 10 concealers....

The very best I ever found was by Burt's Bees and it came in a round silvery container....creamy and covered and stayed all day! Of course it was discontinued (but I hoarded half a dozen) and when I finally run out I am in big trouble because the new Burt's concealer is nothing like the old. Same ole story.

Regular Contributor

Re: A good video discussing top 10 concealers....

@silkyk  Same here.  Holly's Mordini's Stroke of Beauty products are no longer available and my concealer stockpile is down to one.  My results were similar to yours and I have about six months to find a replacement.  When I started reading your post I thought Burt's Bees might be the one.  Yes, same old story is right.