Valued Contributor

A day of beauty?

[ Edited ]

My perfect Day of Beauty would be to see different shows. A line up including Laura Gellar, Mally, Smashbox, Doll 10, Becca, and yes, IT, Philosophy and Josie. Have they ever done a day of beauty that was varied and not the same 4 shows?

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

My perfect Day of Beauty would be to see different shows. A line up including Laura Gellar, Mally, Smashbox, Doll 19, Becca, and yes, IT, Philosophy and Josie. Have they ever done a day of beauty that was varied and not the same 4 shows?

@LisaMofSLC Nope. Not that I can recall. Their idea of a Day of Beauty are shows that bring in the most revenue....not variety of products. 

Esteemed Contributor

ITA.  The lineup seemed boring.  I watched the TSV kickoff at midnight because I wanted to see the new shades in the IT foundation.  Once again I was disappointed that the expanded color selection did not help me.  I would have needed a new warm shade between Tan and Rich.  The new Honey Rich would be too dark for me. Rich is not too light, but has the wrong undertone for me (it needs to be warmer and more golden).  

Anyway, because I needed to catch a few winks before getting up to set up my Royal Wedding party, the overnight was an easy pass.  Thanks to the great company at the party, which commenced at 3:00am and didn't end until almost noon, I was so exhausted by the time I crawled into bed that QVC was the last thing on my mind. 

Honored Contributor

I agree---a day of beauty should be an hour of different lines. With maybe the TSV a few times during the day ;but this every other hour thing has got to go.!!! How many times do I need to know how to apply this stuff after the first show??? Yes, yes new viewers all the time but really after the first hour---I get it!!!!! Didn't watch any of it and didn't watch any of the wedding either---just like the TSV only on about 100 channels---sheesh!!!! can you say overkill!!!!

Honored Contributor

First of all I wasn't even aware it was a day of beauty because I no longer get my InsideQ magazine. I know IT Cosmetics had the TSV, but there were way to many hours dedicated to the line.

Honored Contributor

A day of beauty should be a collection of many of the brands and not just a certain few.  It would be a way for many to see a presentation and buy items rarely shown.

Esteemed Contributor

Did they have a day of beauty?????  I'd never know.  Any day of any week, whenever I flip over to QVC, they are showing IT Cosmetics.  Same goes for QVC2 and Beauty iQ.  Yesterday afternoon, IT Cosmetics was on all 3 QVC channels at the same time -- and that's happened before.   Sheesh.  The same has happened with Josie Maran -- on all 3 QVC channels at the same time.  I thought they created 3 different channels for variety?   Even the clothing shows have IT and Josie Maran -- both must bring in a lot of money.

I totally agree that a day of beauty should be a variety of all the beauty products that QVC carries.  Not just a handful of the same products for hours at a time.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

exactly. I didn't even bother watching because to me it is the same stuff over and over......Where is the variety?

Could we have maybe seen>?

Doll10

Eve Pearl

Lipstick Queen

Becca

Givenchy

Even two or three hours of variety would be better thatn hours upon hours of the same shows.....

Respected Contributor

It wouldn’t be so bad but some of these brands have a lot of products to sell here on QVC, but for instance if IT Cosmetics has 5 shows in a 24 hour time span, they show repeat items during each show. I understand the TSV’s and Top Finds getting repeated in shows, but some people like to see demos. Why not have different products in each show?