Esteemed Contributor

Re: A couple of weeks ago I posted “going back to coloring my hair”

@OKPrincess wrote:

I have silver/ gray hair so I guess I have no friends here. That's fine.

I'll be your friend, @OKPrincess .  I left the coloring merry go round several years ago and haven't looked back.  It was really freeing for me.

I have nothing against people coloring or not coloring.  Do what makes you happy!

@homedecor1   Your hair looks great!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Your cut and color are beautiful @homedecor1 ! 

I was watching the film "The Age of Innocence" and when they aged Daniel Day Lewis at the end, they made him gray. Same with many films from the 40's and 50's. Undeniably gray hair 👩‍🦳 is designated as a sign of aging. It can be pretty, though, and there is nothing wrong with being older. It's really dependent upon how confident you will feel having gray hair and the image having it projects. Definitely a subjective topic.🌺

Respected Contributor

You know, it just depends on each of us as individuals.  We each have different skin colors and different ways of aging.  Some of us may look younger than our years and some of us may look older than our years.

Hair color and length depend on the individual.  I noticed this very much at our last class reunion.  Our 45th.  Some still looked great with their long hair and some not so much.  Same with hair color.  

We each need to do what is best for us.  Personally, if my hair was that beautiful pure white, I would grow it out in a heartbeat.  But mine is dingy and only a partial gray.  Really ugly and does not go with my skin tone.  So I color.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

Looks great! Beautifil thick hair and nice cut.

I'm not a fan of grey. Very few women look better with it, only a rare few, in my opinion.

@candyagain   I agree candyagain, very few women can carry off grey hair. Those who can are fortunate.  I have always been fair and now that I am in my early 70's, I have almost no color in my face. If I were to stop coloring my hair I would look like I was dead. As long as I can drive to the salon and can afford monthly color services I will color my hair. 

Speaking for myself and probably many others- we didn't stop coloring our hair and let it be grey because we thought we would look "better". What a silly notion. You will naturally look your age with grey hair. I have embraced my age and the things that define it. Like grey hair, wrinkles, sagging parts 😆 I use make up to enhance, brighten my complexion as this is a must with silver hair. I don't do cosmetic procedures. I'm also fluffy, by about fifteen extra pounds. So to each their own. I don't mind being viewed as an older lady (70) because that's exactly what I am. Humor and Gods grace are getting me through my senior years. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I have silver/ gray hair so I guess I have no friends here. That's fine.

You have plenty of friends here. I colored my hair until the COVID lockdown. Then I let the color grow off. I am cutting my own hair as well as my husband's. Life is much easier without the dreaded root issues needing to be addressed. My makeup brightens my face when I want to bother, but I will for the foreseeable future wear a mask when in public.

Age has changed my priorities. I used to care how I looked. Now I only care about how I feel.

Super Contributor

@homedecor1  You look great!!  Glad you are happy with your decision!  I wish I had a complexion where my gray would be complimentary, but I don't.  I've brought up the topic w my hair dresser & she always says NO!  I hate touching up my roots, but that's life & that's okay for me.  My hair is lighter than when I was younger though.  Brownish with gold is how I would describe it.  Enjoy your new "do" Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1   Your hair looks great.

I will have my hair colored and wear makeup as long as I can. Just makes me feel better.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  - Your color and cut is beautiful!  Great decision!  Smiley Happy   Glad you're enjoying it.  The free cup of coffee was nice too.

Respected Contributor

You have beautiful hair!  Enjoy the compliment - I know I would!

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess  Yes, you have a friend here. My hair is salt & pepper with the pepper being underneath. It's healthy and shiny and I receive compliments on my hair. Silver hair is not for everyone if you bad looking silver hair. I am so happy I do not have to color my hair.

kindness is strength