Honored Contributor

A couple odds and ends Part 1 -- Blush Palette

Just wanted to let you all know about two very excellent deals. This first one is Paula's Choice Blush It On Contour Palette ($36). Right now, it's free with any $50 purchase on their site.

I actually bought it when it first came out a few months ago. It has a contour powder shade, a very subtle highlighting powder, and four powder blushes. I don't use the contour shade very much because, well, because I don't contour.

But I really like the blushes. They are four very wearable colors, which give you a nice blush wardrobe. They are excellent quality with a smooth texture and matte finish. They also are very long-wearing.

Palette

Swatches

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: A couple odds and ends Part 1 -- Blush Palette

Thank you! I've had that palette in and out of my cart a few times and always figured I don't wear makeup often enough to do it. Today I'll stock up on a few staples and get a guilt-free blush palette!

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Just wanted to let you all know about two very excellent deals. This first one is Paula's Choice Blush It On Contour Palette ($36). Right now, it's free with any $50 purchase on their site.

I actually bought it when it first came out a few months ago. It has a contour powder shade, a very subtle highlighting powder, and four powder blushes. I don't use the contour shade very much because, well, because I don't contour.

But I really like the blushes. They are four very wearable colors, which give you a nice blush wardrobe. They are excellent quality with a smooth texture and matte finish. They also are very long-wearing.

Palette

Swatches

Well thank you for the heads up. This is perfect timing because I need to order several things. I really do like the color of these blushes and I like the fact that they are matte.

That was very nice of you to swatch them on your arm too! I like seeing what they look like actually on the skin. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

You're very welcome, Irshgrl31201. Don't tell anyone, though, but that isn't my arm. Smiley Wink

As an aside, I did post the second part to this topic, which was a about a great deal on lip glosses. But I don't see the thread. Did anyone happen to see it? I don't want to post it again if it was deleted for some reason. TIA.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Suzy, I saw the lip thread. Not sure if it's still around, but I ordered the glosses. You twisted my arm enough times that I caved. Smiley Very Happy

I I ended up needing a few things between me and hubby from PC, so ended up with a free mask (it's not one I love, so will probably give away), as well as the blush palette for freebies. Fine with me! I have sooooooo many blushes (many that I really love!), but not many matte ones. I have lots of cream and gel blushes, and some for summer with a little shimmer or sheen in them, so I'll be excited to try these. If I don't think they will work, Ill bet my mom will use them. She tends to use matte blushes, and is also more oily skinned than me, so they might be more up her alley. Thanks for the heads up!!

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

Suzy, I saw the lip thread. Not sure if it's still around, but I ordered the glosses. You twisted my arm enough times that I caved. Smiley Very Happy

I I ended up needing a few things between me and hubby from PC, so ended up with a free mask (it's not one I love, so will probably give away), as well as the blush palette for freebies. Fine with me! I have sooooooo many blushes (many that I really love!), but not many matte ones. I have lots of cream and gel blushes, and some for summer with a little shimmer or sheen in them, so I'll be excited to try these. If I don't think they will work, Ill bet my mom will use them. She tends to use matte blushes, and is also more oily skinned than me, so they might be more up her alley. Thanks for the heads up!!

Well, hopefully you'll like at least one of the glosses. And the kit of four cost more than a single gloss.

As for the blushes, they are matte but not dry looking, at least to me. You can always top them with a bit cream or gel blush or highlighter, too.