Respected Contributor

Re: A Woman Goes Into Sephora....

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@SportyShorty07 

I can never have too many pink blushes or lipsticks.

Truer words were never spoken lol

We must be sisters!

@monicakm   We must be sisters with our love for pink blushes and lipsticks Smiley Very Happy! I was looking at the bottom of one of my handbags and it has pink Natasha Denona blush, pink lipgloss and 3 different tubes of pink lipstick- just to run errands and do a touch up!   I wish I could do a "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" style tour of your glam  makeup collection. Pink is such a pick-me-up mood booster color- it always energizes me and cheers me up Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07   you had to look fabulous that day!  I know you will catch your dream.  Glad to hear of these updates.  You have to be so strong to get that tiny frame over that wall.  I admire your confidence and I'm sure you will succeed!  Thank you for sharing. You are a breath of fresh air.  Your make up sounded perfect!  Go girl, you've got this!  

Respected Contributor

@lynnie61  Thank you so much for your kind words and thank you you for cheering me on!  I am small and mighty as my parents and sisters say Smiley Very Happy- getting over that wall took some failed attempts in the past and bruises to my forearms, ribs and sternum from hittng the plywood so hard from the jump to reach the top of the wall.  If I get into the Academy, then I have to be able to get over a 6 foot wall- so now I'm going to really fine tune my work outs, jumping skills and weight lifting to prepare for that. It was a lot of fun to do my hair and makeup for the interview and to go into my closet and put an outfit together Smiley Happy.  My interview that day was at 7:30am across the city from where I am so I woke up at 5:45 am to get ready, relax, eat breakfast and take an uber there all before the sun fully came up Smiley Very Happy. I'll keep you posted on future updates! 

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

Goodness!  Sounds like you were interviewing for the Tom Ford Agency rather than the police academy (g)  Your look sounded fabulous!  What color hair do you have?  I'm imagining brunette??  Is there a height requirement for the academy?  My dad wanted me so badly to be a flight attendant.  At 5' 3/4", it wasn't going to happen.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm  Thank you so much, Monicakm! I wish that I was auditioning for the Tom Ford agency Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink! I felt super glam and I'm looking forward to more interviews in this hiring process where I can wear pencil skirts and blouses and do some glam interview makeup and hair Smiley Very HappyHeart. I was born blonde and then my hair darkened up in my late teens so my hair is brunette with hints of blonde highlights if i get a lot of sun and I have blue green eyes. Oooh you would've made such a glam and beautiful flight attendant- its too bad that 5' 3/4" wasn't tall enough- are the guidelines still 5'2"? The airlines missed out by not having you in the friendly skies as a flight attendant. Well, I'm 4'11" so you're 1 and 3/4" taller than me, so that's something to smile about! I'd have to wear my keds sneakers with their 1 inch platform and maybe put on some extra volumizing hair mousse to be 5' 3/4" Smiley Happy.   

Also, I'm going to have to try Kaleidos makeup sometime- the photos that you post of that brand's packaging design and makeup are stunning! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@JudyL your story reminds me why I do not allow myself a basket or bag at Sephora or Ulta....sometimes even Target!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

You have set your goals high.  Good luck in all you strive and work so hard for!  I wasn't as keen on being a stewardess and my dad was for me to be one.  I think he had dreams of us being a team on the same flights from time to time (he was a pilot).  He knew better.  Being a commercial pilot, he knew there were height qualifications.  I guess with the 5" platform shoes I used to wear, I could pass for tall(ish).

Honored Contributor

Ladies, it would never have ever dawned on me to not use a basket or buggy or whatever, so I'd buy less LOL  How do you think of these things?

Is it kinda like going out to eat but having something to eat at home first so you won't over eat at the restaurant?

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  Thank you so much, Monicakm Smiley Happy! I'm giving it my best shot and I think this year could be a year of new opportunities.  I wonder why there are height requirements for stewardesses- and that is so impressive and interesting that your father was a commercial pilot!  I had a classmate in elementary school whose mom was a commercial pilot and she had some great stories about her job to share with the class.  Platform shoes or heels are a lot of great to wear- I can go from 4'11" to 5'2" or even 5'3"  with the right pair of pumps Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

The height requirements are due to the overhead compartments.  There might be even more reasons but that's the one I remember.  I can't reach them for my own needs.  I would hate to think of having to handle other people's carry-ons as passengers were boarding and exiting the plane.

Yes, dad has had a lot of great stories over the years too.  In fact, one of them will be on his gravestone.  Braniff had their first Asian flight attendant.  Dad was a co-pilot at the time.  During a flight, this young lady walks to the cockpit and says, "Life hard".  Her boyfriend had broken up with her right before the flight.  That stuck with my dad for decades!!  The only reason he's still not saying it is because of his dementia.  Everyone in the family uses the saying lol  We decided it will be on his gravestone.

You're too young to remember this airline with hdq in Dallas.

Braniff International Airlines. Vintage Mid century Posters |