Respected Contributor

Re: A Woman Goes Into Sephora....

@JudyL   What FUN.  Enjoy your purchases.  I've never tried the ND eyeshadows,  or any of her products.  I'm getting awfully close based on everything I read and hear.  

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@JudyL   What FUN.  Enjoy your purchases.  I've never tried the ND eyeshadows,  or any of her products.  I'm getting awfully close based on everything I read and hear.  

@nyc1  - I'm finding that I like her mini palettes better than the larger ones.  That may be a good place to start for you.  I do think they could be priced a little lower but for the quality, I'm willing to pay for them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL  Great minds think alike with our "hands only" technique Smiley Very Happy! I know that if they give me a Sephora basket, its too tempting for me to buy a lot of makeup.  I even use the "hands only" technique when I'm getting candy at the grocery store.  I like pretty pink blushes and pink lipsticks- I can never have too many pink blushes or lipsticks. In keeping with my budget, I buy about 80-90% drugstore makeup and once in a while I'll get Clinique, MAC or Urban Decay lipstick if I have a coupon code.  I have some Laura Mercier and Benefit blushes that last forever- I've had some for years that I got when I purchased more designer makeup and they still perform well.  Sometimes I'll get a pink blush or lipstick to match a top or purse exactly.   Pretty lipsticks, blushes, and lip glosses definitely take up a ton of space in my Caboodle 80's reissue XL makeup tackle box, that's for sure! Good times Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07  - yes I agree - good and fun times!  

Respected Contributor

Just discovered that Sephora was a LV company.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Totally understandable!...I love Sephora...Their store is set up so nicely and great customer service...It is enjoyable to browse and shop there...I just bought a new scent to try out...Skylar Coconut Cove Eau de Parfum and it is lovely...I also love their Fresh lip care line....and...and...and...lol

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

@JudyL 

"I'll just browse a bit......"

"Let me just look at this one skincare line...."

" It's fun to try the fragrances, but no buying..."

Things that I say, but don't mean.

Respected Contributor

It happens to most of us.  I was so proud of passing on bath and body works semi annual sales for almost two years.  My soap stock was down to one, and I bought 10 of them and 15 mini hand creams.  Ok.  So I say they will be add on gifts.......🤣. I love some of the Christmas scents.  Sigh......

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07   hmmm.  A new approach, hands only.  I may have to try it.  ❤️

off topic.  

I hope it's ok to ask.....have you heard on you police application?  Sorry if I missed that.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lynnie61  The "hands only" approach really helps in keeping a limit to how many items I get Smiley Very Happy!  Thank you so much for asking about the police officer application, thet's really sweet of you to remember Smiley Happy! Great news- I passed the fitness test with flying colors! I'm now in the background investigation portion of the application process.  I'll know in a few months what the next steps are.  I hope that I am selected for the Police Academy, and I'm proud of myself for getting this far! I'll keep you posted Smiley Happy