Honored Contributor

A Woman Goes Into Sephora....

For one thing and walks out with four!  HAHAHA   Went to Sephora to get the NARS shadow primer and walked out with another Natasha Denoan mini palette - Bronze, love those mini palettes and two Lawless lip glosses in Glazed and Velvet.  

So much for telling myself before I walked in there - you are just going in for 1 thing, that's it. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: A Woman Goes Into Sephora....

Same girl. Same.

Also- I cannot leave Target w/o spending $200. No matter the initial need.

So my mitigation strategy.....

Send my niece or use Instacart (even with fee and tip). 

Honored Contributor

They opened a Sephora around the corner from me and I have no desire to even go there 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

For one thing and walks out with four!  HAHAHA   Went to Sephora to get the NARS shadow primer and walked out with another Natasha Denoan mini palette - Bronze, love those mini palettes and two Lawless lip glosses in Glazed and Velvet.  

So much for telling myself before I walked in there - you are just going in for 1 thing, that's it. 

@JudyL I can relate, happens to me every time I go to a Beauty store or counter!!!

Honored Contributor

@Squirrels Are Trash wrote:

Same girl. Same.

Also- I cannot leave Target w/o spending $200. No matter the initial need.

So my mitigation strategy.....

Send my niece or use Instacart (even with fee and tip). 

@Squirrels Are Trash  - I debated on buying online but then thought, "no, save the shipping, Sephora is not far, it's just as easy to dirve over there."  LOL well that didn't quite go as planned.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

They opened a Sephora around the corner from me and I have no desire to even go there 

@I am still oxox  - that's great - means there will be plenty there for those that do want to shop there  

Frequent Contributor

Love your reply JudyL!Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL   I've also purchased more than I intended to at Sephora before  Smiley Very Happy!  You picked out really great items though and I know you'll put together great makeup looks with them.  My  Sephora shopping technique is I don't get one of their handheld shopping baskets- instead I only get what I can carry comfortably in one or both hands and then I walk to the counter and check out.  This "hands only" technique that I came up with limits me to one to three Sephora brand lipsticks and maybe a blush. Smiley Happy  Sephora is a very tempting place with fun music, relaxing lighting and pretty displays, so buying more than what we came in for is  understandable! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is a dangerous place! 

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@JudyL   I've also purchased more than I intended to at Sephora before  Smiley Very Happy!  You picked out really great items though and I know you'll put together great makeup looks with them.  My  Sephora shopping technique is I don't get one of their handheld shopping baskets- instead I only get what I can carry comfortably in one or both hands and then I walk to the counter and check out.  This "hands only" technique that I came up with limits me to one to three Sephora brand lipsticks and maybe a blush. Smiley Happy  Sephora is a very tempting place with fun music, relaxing lighting and pretty displays, so buying more than what we came in for is  understandable! 

@SportyShorty07  - I do the same "hands only" technique too.  Not only at Sephora but also when I go to ULTA.  Remember once at Sephora the sales clerk asked if I wanted a basket and I said "no thank you, my rule here is what I can carry in my hands only."  She laughed and said she understood.  I love just meandering about the store, trying different things.  For me it is relaxing and fun to see all the pretty things.  Lipsticks, glosses, lip pencils are a weakness and there are so many of those to look at and swatch.  It's like a new box of crayons in there!