Honored Contributor

A VERY HOT WEDDING THIS WEEKEND: MU DIFFICULT

[ Edited ]

I did an outdoor wedding on Sat. that was SO hot. I used CARPE No-Sweat Face Lotion on the brides and ladies in the wedding. It's always in my kit this time of year. 

It's applied to bare face, allowed to dry before makeup application. She wanted a natural look, so I did tinted moisturizer w/ concealer instead of full coverage foundation. At the last minute, she had her hair put up because it'd be unbearable w/ 90 degree heat. We were out on a farm setting w/ only a few trees for shade. They DID stand under a canopy, but still brutal. I spent hours walking around with blotting papers and retouching makeup before photos, etc. 

...Buffet was good though and the barn venue itself where food was served, had A/C, so comfortable. They had all my Southern favorites...deviled eggs, BBQ, cornbread and banana pudding.

Never get why a summer wedding is not planned with an air conditioned tent!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: A VERY HOT WEDDING THIS WEEKEND: MU DIFFICULT

unfortunately, we can't control mother nature.i am not a summer person for this reason alone.minus the heat,sounds like the event was a success!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I agree.  90 degree summer weddings should be INdoors.  I simply wouldn't attend a wedding under those circumstances and I kinda feel like it verges on rude to expect your guests to suffer thru that kind of insufferable heat.  The buffet sounds like a typical weekend dinner around these parts and all of DH's favorites Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

I agree.  90 degree summer weddings should be INdoors.  I simply wouldn't attend a wedding under those circumstances and I kinda feel like it verges on rude to expect your guests to suffer thru that kind of insufferable heat.  The buffet sounds like a typical weekend dinner around these parts and all of DH's favorites Smiley Happy

@monicakm   ITA. Many of the older guests went into the barn/buffet area and watched from there. I HAD to attend, but was dreading it when I saw the temps rising during the week. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus Many years ago, I attended an outdoor event in July (graveside funeral) that was quite lengthy. The temperature was hovering close to 100 degrees. There was not any shade. In the middle of the preacher's eulogy, a lady fell out due to heat stress. Everything came to a standstill, until the older lady regained consciousness. It was a frightening experience for everyone there. Extreme heat needs to be taken seriously.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I don't understand summer outdoor weddings either and I live in NO CA near the coast!  It can still get warm here and when you are sitting outside, it can be miserable.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd say you were very well equipped for the weather conditions!

I use to play for outdoor weddings and occasions, but too many things to deal with, so I had to call it quits. Uneven ground, wind, heat & humidity, rain - just is not condusive for my harp.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Here, they likely say their vows looking at a mountain or a large drop off to remind the groom of his alternatives if they hit a rough patch!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

Here, they likely say their vows looking at a mountain or a large drop off to remind the groom of his alternatives if they hit a rough patch!!!!!

@ECBG   LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  Our daughter is getting married next September so I'm hoping this doesn't happen. They have a venue where the ceremony will be outdoors and then immediately move indoors for the reception. September weather can be gorgeous or it can be horrible.  Time will tell.  What I am interested in is the Carpe Face Lotion.  Does that act as a primer or do you apply Carpe, a separate primer, then foundation?  How about skincare underneath all of it?