Respected Contributor

A Surprising Exchange w My Neighbor!

[ Edited ]

I was at my Neighbors house yesterday w my Hubby. We (she) got to talking about fragrances. She bought Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Crush Body Mist & The Bum Bum cream. I had seen it at Sephora & loved the scent of the mist. Well, her hubby could not tolerate that scent or the cream, so she thought she would not use it. She asked if I would like it & so she kindly gave it to me. I told her I had a body butter & fragrance from JM whidh is Vanilla Wafer which I did not like but she might & use, It was part of the TSV around xmas. I gave her the 8 oz body butter unused, the scent & the travel Argan oil. She loves it & her hubby too! Different strokes for Different Folks. Thought I would share this story w a pleasant visit.   PS We are so lucky to have neighbors like them as we can depend on eachother for various reasons at times. They work long hours so we don't get to see eachother as often but we exchange flowers in the Spring & always think of eachother on Holidays!.

Honored Contributor

Re: A Surprising Exchange w My Neighbor!

@Kabella I love that.I started putting products that I didn't love in the ladies bathroom at my gym and before long it became an exchange.It was fun to try things out without the cost.We only left products that weren't used or in tubes or containers that didn't require touching the product with our hands.

Respected Contributor

@dexThankyou & thats a good way of trying out some products in a tube, that you started at your gym!

Respected Contributor

@Kabella, I love the Bum Bum butter and mist! I first got the body butter in the Fall and was so addicted to the scent. It is so darn yummy. Then when the mist came out, I had to have it. The mist alone doesn't last very long but coupled with the cream it goes a bit longer. The cream is so hydrating and that's a plus for my dry skin. Glad that you found a new home for your Josie products. Lol! Happy Easter to you and your family.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tricolor Yes its Yummy! I have not taken a shower yet...but will of course lol...& use the cream. Love the scent of coconut. I did spray on the mist last night & love it. Its smells to me like almond & coconuts...I don't pick up the pistaschio tho.... Yes layering is key to making scents last longer. Glad your loving it & a Happy Easter to you & yoursSmiley Happy  PS I am so glad my friend likes the JM or if she didn't I would have bought her something I know she uses.

Honored Contributor

I had gotten a sample of the Bum Bum cream in a skin care sample pack with a grand opening of a relocated Sephora back in February and am using it now at night on my hands. They feel so soft after using it. Definitely would consider buying this once I use up some of my stash of other body creams.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom I put it on after my shower. I wanted to test it on dry skin. Its a thicker cream but spreads easily.... I found I only needed a small amount to spread it. It is very hydrating & like you said its very smoothing on the skin....absorbs well....leaves a nice glow.....I also sprayed the Mist too....I will be back in a few hours to let you know how long the scents last. I think this ones a long laster! If that a word lol...

Honored Contributor

@Kabella Can you describe the scent?

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom, good for after gardening? LM

Respected Contributor

@dexOn me. Its a coconut tropical creamy scent but it is not overpowering. My HD thinks I smell delicious! It also claims to be a firming cream with regular use. I did feel a bit of tingle when I first put it on. It contains some good ingred's....acai which is an antioxidant....cupuacu butter... coconut oil...caffeine....I've had it on for about 2 hrs. & the scent is just a prevalent as when I first put it on. If someone is sensitive to scents or cannot use coconut oil than this would not be for them. Also, with this cream, it would not go well with another spray scent unless used with their Body Mist. I only used this on my hands, arms, neck & chest.  HTH Smiley Happy