Respected Contributor

A Mally tip that has worked for me

I am thanking Mally for a make up trick that has worked for me.  I am not sure I've got it 100% as she said, but it's working.

It is how to apply lip products to have your lips look more full.  That is one area I've not liked about my face.

I like crayon style lipsticks for this.  She said follow your lip line completely on the sides of your lower lip.  You can go a bit under your lip line in the center of your bottom lip.

She said for your upper lip, follow your lip line except for the cupid's bow.  You can make that straighter and go a bit above it.  She may have said you can go a bit above your upper lip line.  I cannot remember for sure on that!  Then fill in your lips with the color.  Wow, it works for me.  Try it!!

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

Re: A Mally tip that has worked for me

I saw her present this with these dual lip crayons.  The crayons didn't work for me (too dry) but the technique does and I've used it for a while now with other lip crayons.  I follow the "shape" of my lip rather than the pigmented part and ignore the Cupid's bow if that makes sense.  It still looks natural and not overdrawn.  I agree it is a great technique and a lot easier for me with a lip crayon.

Respected Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

I saw her present this with these dual lip crayons.  The crayons didn't work for me (too dry) but the technique does and I've used it for a while now with other lip crayons.  I follow the "shape" of my lip rather than the pigmented part and ignore the Cupid's bow if that makes sense.  It still looks natural and not overdrawn.  I agree it is a great technique and a lot easier for me with a lip crayon.

I just got a set of lip crayons today from HSN that are really dry looking to me.  I will probably have to return them.

But I played with them and this technique still worked!  I have not been a lip liner user, but this technique kind of demands some lining.  I like it only if it blends well with the lipstick color, not darker.

I love the crayons if they are shiny!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I am thanking Mally for a make up trick that has worked for me.  I am not sure I've got it 100% as she said, but it's working.

It is how to apply lip products to have your lips look more full.  That is one area I've not liked about my face.

I like crayon style lipsticks for this.  She said follow your lip line completely on the sides of your lower lip.  You can go a bit under your lip line in the center of your bottom lip.

She said for your upper lip, follow your lip line except for the cupid's bow.  You can make that straighter and go a bit above it.  She may have said you can go a bit above your upper lip line.  I cannot remember for sure on that!  Then fill in your lips with the color.  Wow, it works for me.  Try it!!

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003, I posted about this method a while back after seeing the Lancome guy describe it on air. It's geared towards those of us who have thin or disappearing lips. I like it.

But I recall that my thread didn't go over too well. I think that some didn't realize that you do this only in a very subtle way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003, I posted about this method a while back after seeing the Lancome guy describe it on air. It's geared towards those of us who have thin or disappearing lips. I like it.

But I recall that my thread didn't go over too well. I think that some didn't realize that you do this only in a very subtle way.

Yes, it is extremely subtle.  I don't like the look of a lip line drawn too much outside of the lips.  I had an aunt that did it, and even as a child, I thought it looked awful.

It's why I like the crayon so much.  It is the same color all around, and the shape of the crayon lends to it.  When I tried it, it is really subtle, but I can tell the difference.  Maybe no one else can, which is just fine!

Hyacinth

Regular Contributor

I, too, loved her technique. I tried it with her duo lip crayons, ans wow what a difference it made. I really love her duo lip crayons. I got all 3 shades *light, med, and tan*. My fave is the Light because it is the warmest of the three shades. And I love very pale pink peachy nudes. The other two are also pretty, but a bit too mauvey for a "nude", imho. I wish I could find a lipstick shade that matched the Light crayon shade. I went through the crayons pretty fast. I did not find them too drying at all, but I love a matte lippie.

Tip:

Wearing them over a lip balm will be helpful to those who find the crayon too drying.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003. I saw her do this on air and use her 2 ended pencil (purchased by skin tone). It has a lighter side to line & darker to fill in. Using that crayon/pencil & clear gloss over & good to go.