Highlighted
Honored Contributor

A Little Shine, NO Sparkle? Eyes and cheeks?

Woman Embarassed  I want a new blush, maybe a highlighter as well and an eye makeup set (light pinks, nudes, light taupe) with a little shine, but I don't want sparkle like a 13-year old ice skater.

Any suggestions?  I like neutral pinks, pink/coral colors, nothing dramatic, and very natural look for eyes.  

Also, any good natural looking liquid eyeliners?  And I am not a fan of gels in pots.  

Thanks a bunch!  I will be using in a long time so it is an investment sort of thing. . . I don't buy these very often. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: A Little Shine, NO Sparkle? Eyes and cheeks?

@Sooner  I'd like to help, I think telling us about your eye color and hair color, also if your skin is cooltone or warmtone might help us narrow down what might be best for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Clinique pink chocolate. I know they have a duo but used to have a quad
Honored Contributor

@Sooner Check out TARTE's "Juicy" eyeshadow palette and also Laura Geller just came out with a palette that you may like.

Laura Geller has nice highlighters.  Hers are the only ones I've used as I don't use them very often so can't comment on any others.

My DD swears by TARTE's liquid eyeliner.  She used to swear my MAC but I gave her a TARTE liquid eyeliner at Christmas last year and she loves it so much she won't use her MAC one anymore.

I'm sure other people will give you suggestions.  Hopefully these will give you something to check out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite blush is Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Dazzled.  There are sparkles when you look at the product, but don't see any on my face, and I use a magnifying mirror when I apply my makeup.  I'm fairly fair and have to be careful applying blush so as not to get too much and this shade is easy for me to apply without getting too much.  Of course I bought it quite awhile ago, so I have no idea if they still have that shade.

My favorite highlighter is iT Hello Light in the tube.  Easy to apply just where you want it.  I generally tap it on rather than swipe.

Eyeliner, I'm becoming more fond of the liquid eyeliners with a brush over the "marker" style.  For some reason I get a cleaner line.  I apply a gel pencil (currently use Laura Geller) first and on my lower eye where I don't apply liquid liner.  

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

Pale skin (usuallly 2nd or 3rd from lightest color, never up in medium tones), very light hair platinum blonde, very green eyes.  

I am fine with mid-tone peach/pink colors, falling neither into blue pinks or yellow peaches.  And I am old!  Woman Wink  And have always looked sort of Talbots clothes, natural makeup type if that is helpful!  LOL!!

Odd thing is you don't look at me and think "pale" but start to match me to makeup and "OH MY you are pale!"

It took a rep from Trish McEvoy to point that out to me about 30 years ago!  BUT I tan in a flash and don't burn easily--which confounds my medium skinned husband who doesn't tan easily!   

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would go to Laura Geller's website and also look at her line on Q of baked eye and face makeup. I use Blush n brighten for cheeks and eyeshadow. French vanilla baked highlighter is the best. LG has several kits or palettes on her website that give you a chance to try several things. There is a kit that is nothing but neutrals. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner   That info helps alot.

Charlotte Tillbury Instant Eyeshadow Palette- Pillow Talk. Peachy pinks and taupes.

Burt's Bee's Shy Pink Blush is beautiful and cheap.

My good friend has green eyes. One night her eyes looked amaaazing, she said she was wearing burgundy eyeliner instead of the usual brown. Maybe try a new color?

My light skin tans like you, my med skin DH burns fast.  it's because i'm warm toned and he's cooler tone.

Respected Contributor

Hourglass luminous flush ambient

Honored Contributor

@decaf THANKS for the suggestions.  And I tell hubby it is because prettier (or nicer or smarter--whatever I think of at the moment) people tan faster!  Woman Very Happy