Trusted Contributor

Re: A Little Embarrassed

[ Edited ]

@wishmoon wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@wishmoon wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Ran out of my Smashbox undereye primer, but knew I had bought a new one.  Went looking through my stash and couldn't find it.  See one of those bags we get with all the kits (how many of those do you have?  haha) and look in it and, lo and behold, there's my primer.  But also in that bag were TWO Tarte eyeshadow palettes, two tarte undereye concealers, an Inner Rim Liner, and several (like 5 or 6) mascaras.  I totally don't have any idea when I bought those.  I'm guessing maybe it was an auto-delivery at least on everything but the liner.  It's bad enough when you know you have too much makeup and don't need to get any more, but when you have makeup you didn't even know you had, it's a bit embarrassing.  

lol...this points the finger to having a wee 'makeup problem' LOL!

I have been in the same boat but not as 'bad' lol.

I have a diff prob.

I have boxes upon boxes of brushes great things new and old and hold onto them.

I give much away to charities..a lot.

BUT as I got older and kept buying cosmetics, I would try something at times just once and if it didn't work, it went back for a return or I hold onto these cosmetics thus making me a makeup hoarder. My sister is the SAME we are 13 months apart.

It's a prob and outta the bag now.

I cannot donate used makeup sadly Smiley Sad

I hear ya though.

We love the stuff and will till we are lil old ladies!

Wait! I'm getting there now at 60 LOLOL!

@mimi5775, We have the same affliction and I just turned 66! Each time I explore my "stuff," I find new makeup! My sister loves to visit, she knows she'll go home with boxes of makeup, brushes and my real love...hair stuff. Yes, I am a makeup hoarder too. 

@wishmoonyou're too funny. I just brought over a HUGE box of stuff to my sister's home where we had a nice big dinner on Easter, she's a dr. and has a severe QVC addiction and cosmetic prob on top of it ...it runs in the family :-O.

My niece who worked many years at Birchbox (yeah baby!) but lost a lot in a fire in her NYC apt., so she was happy to find a few coveted items! She and my cousin 61 (lol) shared the box but there was a lot leftover and more here! the nail polishes and some other things will go to a charity that picks things up for me. Things like hair dryers and hair products barely used...cosmetic brushes I'm sure even the workers would love them!

I guess I'm better now with not keeping what doesn't work for me sending back asap. It helps!!!!

We are not alone my dear Smiley Wink   

@mimi5775, OMG, my sister from another mother! Wait a minute, your sister isn't named, Jackie, is she? I think the family tree just got bigger!

I canceled Birchbox, not because I didn't like it but one day I had the "bright" idea to buy those subscription boxes and ordered 3 or 4. I get the same samples from Sephora so decided, I may be tripling up. Smiley Very Happy I received those for about a yr.

Don't even mention nail polish! 

Have to run, just saw some stuff on Beauty IQ. No, seems we are not alone, lucky for these cosmetic companies where we're referred to as, "paychecks".

@wishmoonHaha! lol. Oh my sister's name is named Susan. I am nothing compared to her! I am sure as heck she has every single beauty subscription box on the market. I ask her how do you do it/find the time? she has Q sometimes taped and just has it on (she works 3 to 4 days a week but does her catch-up patient workload in front of the tv (Q). I have time now she doesn't as much but finds things I have never ever seen that are so neat (non-beauty too) and Q is always on when I'm cooking, organizing things and such or the news is on in the background... I tell ya, where there's a will there is a way for us beauty gals  Smiley Wink

Love it...a fun hobby which nary gets old.

Have a good week now and so nice meeting you, a twin from a diff momma LOL!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

I get excited when I find something cool I didn't remember I had.  It's like finding a $20 bill in your jeans pocket!!

Image result for happy squirrel

@mistriTsquirrellove the pic, I enjoy my squirrels a lot here that face is so cute.

Funny about the 20.00. I always find goodies (monetary- bills) albeit a bit washed out but still intact after doing hubbies wash Smiley Wink!

Honored Contributor

I hate to be negative, but here goes.  Do not donate gently used eye makeup of any type to someone else.  Too much risk of serious infection.  There was a thread on here about MRSA a year or so ago and it stuck with me. 

Trusted Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@wishmoon wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@wishmoon wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Ran out of my Smashbox undereye primer, but knew I had bought a new one.  Went looking through my stash and couldn't find it.  See one of those bags we get with all the kits (how many of those do you have?  haha) and look in it and, lo and behold, there's my primer.  But also in that bag were TWO Tarte eyeshadow palettes, two tarte undereye concealers, an Inner Rim Liner, and several (like 5 or 6) mascaras.  I totally don't have any idea when I bought those.  I'm guessing maybe it was an auto-delivery at least on everything but the liner.  It's bad enough when you know you have too much makeup and don't need to get any more, but when you have makeup you didn't even know you had, it's a bit embarrassing.  

I have a diff prob.

BUT as I got older and kept buying cosmetics, I would try something at times just once and if it didn't work, it went back for a return or I hold onto these cosmetics thus making me a makeup hoarder. My sister is the SAME we are 13 months apart.

I hear ya though.

@mimi5775, We have the same affliction and I just turned 66! Each time I explore my "stuff," I find new makeup! My sister loves to visit, she knows she'll go home with boxes of makeup, brushes and my real love...hair stuff. Yes, I am a makeup hoarder too. 

@wishmoonyou're too funny. I just brought over a HUGE box of stuff to my sister's home where we had a nice big dinner on Easter, she's a dr. and has a severe QVC addiction and cosmetic prob on top of it ...it runs in the family :-O.

My niece who worked many years at Birchbox (yeah baby!) but lost a lot in a fire in her NYC apt., so she was happy to find a few coveted items! She and my cousin 61 (lol) shared the box but there was a lot leftover and more here! the nail polishes and some other things will go to a charity that picks things up for me. Things like hair dryers and hair products barely used...cosmetic brushes I'm sure even the workers would love them!

I guess I'm better now with not keeping what doesn't work for me sending back asap. It helps!!!!

@mimi5775, OMG, my sister from another mother! Wait a minute, your sister isn't named, Jackie, is she? I think the family tree just got bigger!

I canceled Birchbox, not because I didn't like it but one day I had the "bright" idea to buy those subscription boxes and ordered 3 or 4. I get the same samples from Sephora so decided, I may be tripling up. Smiley Very Happy I received those for about a yr.

Have to run, just saw some stuff on Beauty IQ. No, seems we are not alone, lucky for these cosmetic companies where we're referred to as, "paychecks".

@wishmoonHaha! lol. Oh my sister's name is named Susan. I am nothing compared to her! I am sure as heck she has every single beauty subscription box on the market. I ask her how do you do it/find the time? she has Q sometimes taped and just has it on (she works 3 to 4 days a week but does her catch-up patient workload in front of the tv (Q). I have time now she doesn't as much but finds things I have never ever seen that are so neat (non-beauty too) and Q is always on when I'm cooking, organizing things and such or the news is on in the background... I tell ya, where there's a will there is a way for us beauty gals  Smiley Wink

@mimi5775 wrote:

@wishmoon wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@wishmoon wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have a diff prob.

I hear ya though.

@mimi5775 So nice meeting you too...and Susan! I'll have to expand my Xmas card list now! Take care. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Me too.  I was cleaning out and organizing and I found cosmetics and more cosmetics.  No idea what I was thinking.  I even found a rather dark unopened foundation.  NO idea. I am very fair.  My goal is to use it all up before my 100th birthday.  LOL.  Might take that long. 

Respected Contributor

I think you are in good company. No reason to be embarrassed.  Every time I organize or search for something, the more I move things around the more I find.  That is why this year is my use up year.  Especially for skincare. MU I have no expectation of using much up.

Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Me too.  I was cleaning out and organizing and I found cosmetics and more cosmetics.  No idea what I was thinking.  I even found a rather dark unopened foundation.  NO idea. I am very fair.  My goal is to use it all up before my 100th birthday.  LOL.  Might take that long. 

@bonnieluMy goal as well! lol

Hey @wishmoon...looks like we have a new sister! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@mimi5775, I bet you bought that dark foundation with the idea of contouring. If you didn't, I just gave you a use

In a rush, I throw on my foundation, (I am light/med),, then I dot the darker foundation and blend.

If it's too dark, mix with a little of your regular foundation. Put a little on your eyes to give definition-easy!

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@mimi5775, I bet you bought that dark foundation with the idea of contouring. If you didn't, I just gave you a use

In a rush, I throw on my foundation, (I am light/med),, then I dot the darker foundation and blend.

If it's too dark, mix with a little of your regular foundation. Put a little on your eyes to give definition-easy!

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2  It was @bonnielu who was talking about the dark foundation.  (Just tagged her so she'd get the message Smiley Happy)

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Thanks! 

Poodlepet2