Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Her products are SIMPLY AWESOME

@Skididdy

I love many of JM's products like you, but some are of very low quality (oil cleanser is just one) and I have tried them all - by now I know what is good I feel in quality. Mine became rancid 2 x's and just gross in a month, cheap bottle as well collapsed inward (odd) and left a greasy feeling on outside of bottle as well - they should not go bad fast!!. But many love it that item.

I also find the cheek/lip stick gets rotten so fast as well. Body butters do not go bad. I DO wish she would come in a tube or even a jar pump as I  have seen with thicker products but it cost more I'm sure for her - I hate dipping into creams and when they are  a huge super sized jar... yuck!

Too many germs injected into that over time...not good.

I have the same kind of lippies bought at Whole Foods with just about the same natural ingredients (better) and they last and last! found one hiding from over 1 year and 1/2 or so still fresh...her lippies for me go bad.

Love her body butters for my now very dry limbs as I have gotten older would have hated it when younger - too greasy but love now.

I think she has many great items but many are eh... just as in any line not all are stellar.

And many of her Argon items are not as pure as others out there...just sayin'

Enjoy yours as I will mine Smiley Happy skiping the tsv since I only "want" one thing in it :/

@mimi5775 For most of my skincare that come in jars and require constant dipping/contamination, I transfer them easily into soft travel tubes & use my label maker to identify. I keep the large jars to refill on the shelf out of the way...space saver this way, too.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I need some where to complain.  Misery loves company and not too many people my age have my problem, so once in a while I hijack a thread.

Too bad we all don’t have “ normal” skin. That would be a blessing.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Shanus  I need some where to complain.  Misery loves company and not too many people my age have my problem, so once in a while I hijack a thread.

Too bad we all don’t have “ normal” skin. That would be a blessing.

@Carmie Normal skin is what’s “normal” for you. If your always oily skin suddenly becomes dry....warning that something could be wrong. Time for a checkup...thyroid, etc. 😉

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Kachina624  - So she looked like 70, but was really 100, right? Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal.  Because she was tall, slender and statuesque, she gave the impression of being younger than 70.  In her younger years she often worked as a model; I have seen a professional photo of her riding a motorcycle while in her 60s.  Fascinating woman.  Came to NM years ago and changed her persona.   If i hadn't read an old newspaper article about her, I wouldn't have known her real name.  She was known all over Santa Re by her chosen first name.  Lived in a very expensive place, so she had plenty of money.  She died at age 101, about a month after her birthday.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The Q is really pushing Josie. She has so many nuts, she's on at the same time on the Q2 and the Q. Many times. Maybe they bought the third channel for the Josie M. nuts! Philosophy and Josie M. are the most time consuming on all channels. 

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Her products are SIMPLY AWESOME

@Skididdy

I love many of JM's products like you, but some are of very low quality (oil cleanser is just one) and I have tried them all - by now I know what is good I feel in quality. Mine became rancid 2 x's and just gross in a month, cheap bottle as well collapsed inward (odd) and left a greasy feeling on outside of bottle as well - they should not go bad fast!!. But many love it that item.

I also find the cheek/lip stick gets rotten so fast as well. Body butters do not go bad. I DO wish she would come in a tube or even a jar pump as I  have seen with thicker products but it cost more I'm sure for her - I hate dipping into creams and when they are  a huge super sized jar... yuck!

Too many germs injected into that over time...not good.

I have the same kind of lippies bought at Whole Foods with just about the same natural ingredients (better) and they last and last! found one hiding from over 1 year and 1/2 or so still fresh...her lippies for me go bad.

Love her body butters for my now very dry limbs as I have gotten older would have hated it when younger - too greasy but love now.

I think she has many great items but many are eh... just as in any line not all are stellar.

And many of her Argon items are not as pure as others out there...just sayin'

Enjoy yours as I will mine Smiley Happy skiping the tsv since I only "want" one thing in it :/

@mimi5775 For most of my skincare that come in jars and require constant dipping/contamination, I transfer them easily into soft travel tubes & use my label maker to identify. I keep the large jars to refill on the shelf out of the way...space saver this way, too.

@ShanusHi Shanus..top of the morning to ya or night (for me lol)

I do as you do...place in a diff container BUT still think we should not have to do that. I boil mine 1st if putting into "stock" then it has to air out and I find glass jars bottles to refill.

Not doing this much anymore. Just refilling my smaller JM body butters into her very small same named. IF I'm lucky to get outta Dodge! haha

(love my laber maker!) but too much stuff, I'm working on it :-O

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

I was wondering the other day about all the Argan oil products and super-size products mainly because it's supposedly a limited harvest nut. Or so we're told. Only grows in one region of the world, so what is harvested is what's available for the entire market.  And I know Josie doesn't have the entire market.  

So, it's not that there are a lot of different products, it's that there are so many product from such a "rare" item.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I was wondering the other day about all the Argan oil products and super-size products mainly because it's supposedly a limited harvest nut. Or so we're told. Only grows in one region of the world, so what is harvested is what's available for the entire market.  And I know Josie doesn't have the entire market.  

So, it's not that there are a lot of different products, it's that there are so many product from such a "rare" item.

@Icegoddess  Uh huh. That was my thinking as well.

Respected Contributor
Try Bio Oil. It is really a good product. Not so expensive for the pocketbook either.
Honored Contributor

For my body, out of the shower while my skin is still moist (not wet) I spray on Palmer's Moisturizing Body Oil (and it smell so yummy).  I then layer whatever lotion or body butter I feel like on top to lock in the moisture and keep me from feeling like the oil slick JM looks like.  Lotion in the summer, body butter when I'm feeling particularly dry, usually in winter.  Lately, I have been adding Shea Moisture's Argan Oil & Raw Shea Bath, Body, & Massage Oil to the Palmer's Oil.  Makes it a little thicker.

At some point I'll probably try one of JM's body butters because I like body butters.  Hopefully, it won't leave me greasy.