Esteemed Contributor

That's a big assumption on their part. Although I give them kudos for positive thinking (wishing?).

In your position, I would not be making any concrete plans at this point until we know more - we may take another month.

You did the right thing, imo.

Honored Contributor

You did exactly the right thing.  Some people are self absorbed.  I would think they would be thinking of postponing the wedding instead of talking about makeup.

Esteemed Contributor

NO!

Esteemed Contributor

My Son's best friend is getting married beginning of June (his Dad is top Dr. in their small city).  My son mentioned to him that maybe a backup plan is called for (nope!).

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

You did exactly the right thing.  Some people are self absorbed.  I would think they would be thinking of postponing the wedding instead of talking about makeup.

I agree @sunshine 919 about postponing the wedding.  They could still get married in June, but have the ceremony later. 

Honored Contributor

Amazing!  I wonder what their parent's views on the wedding date are!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Right now we are suppose to keep a safe distance.  Yes, I would wait to see what the next couple of weeks brings.  Stay safe.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Kind of hard to apply makeup from 6 feet away.

Trusted Contributor

You can't even get a marriage license in Vegas for the next 30 days, maybe longer.  Love may conquer all, but maybe not a plague.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - That's a hard one. DD does wedding makeup too, but only for friends and people who find out about her. She has a friend getting married in June, and they just postponed until November. Another friend's son got married yesterday. They cancelled the big upcoming wedding and got married outdoors with just their families. They plan to have their "reception" in August. 

Is there any way you can tell the bride you will do it on the condition that things with the pandemic are much, much better? However, if she wants you to sign a contract - well, I wouldn't do that. 

Good luck - if she can postpone it until we ALL have the "all clear," or there is a vaccine, she will be lucky to get you! Smiley Happy