Honored Contributor

Can you believe I received a call this morning for makeup for wedding party for wedding being planned mid-June? Give the couple kudos for positive attitude, but can't make promises I may still not feel comfortable doing. I asked them to call back next month when we have better idea of what's happening and gave them names of friends who may still be booking makeup appts. a few months in advance.

Hate to disappoint, but 12 women involved!!! Twice! Pre-wedding meet the ladies and talk about needs/wants and try-out the looks so I'd have foundation shades, etc. I do a "face sheet" like they do at dept. store makeovers with pre-printed outlines of face & fill in blush shades, shadow, etc. Can't shlep everything to venue.

What would you do?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus -

Laugh?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I would do the same thing, that's just being smart, IMO.

'Do what you do, but take care of YOU.'

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Where are they getting married?  Most of the venues are closed here and I wouldn't be surprised if City Hall shuts its doors.  Even funerals are limiting attendees.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus 

Where are they getting married?  Most of the venues are closed here and I wouldn't be surprised if City Hall shuts its doors.  Even funerals are limiting attendees.

@just bee   They're assuming their church will reopen. Everything they're planning is an assumption...flowers, caterers, etc. 

Respected Contributor

You have to do what you are comfortable doing.  If your not sure, I think it was completely acceptable for you to be honest with them and very generous to refer them to other artists. They can decide if they want to wait for your response or find someone else.  Hopefully by mid-June the virus will be on a downward turn. 

Super Contributor

I agree they are being positive regarding a wedding in June.   Be honest with them that you are not comfortable doing the makeup for the bridal party in June.   You need to take care of yourself.   My best to you!   Tallgal

Respected Contributor

Last night on the news they showed a couple getting married outdoors in front of city hall, cold and windy, no guests or attendants, but streamed live for others to watch.  They interviewed the bride and groom (from a distance!) and they were happy, beautiful, so glad that they got married even if their previous plans were scratched.

Can't believe people would risk the health/life of a makeup person at this time, and of course we don't know now how this will play out even by June.

@Shanus , glad you have so much common sense!!

Honored Contributor

I would have said the same thing.  It depends on what the future brings.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm hoping things are better in June, but there are no promises. Even if they are better, I doubt the coronavirus will be completely gone by then. I'd have done the same thing.