Respected Contributor

Re: A Hair Product that Actually Delivered

@Icegoddess  Your hair looks so pretty.

Honored Contributor

Re: A Hair Product that Actually Delivered

[ Edited ]

Update 2 weeks later.  Today I decided to do the maintenance treatment of #0 Mask + #3 treatment.  The #0 Mask is simply water and the special bond-repairing ingredient.  The #3 treatment also has the special ingredient as the 2nd ingredient but it is followed by a bunch of other ingredients.

The instructions are to apply the mask to DRY hair section by section, saturating from root to ends.  Hair should be damp but not wet.  My hair sucked that stuff up, so to actually saturate it would take so much product.  It's also very watery so a little difficult to apply.  I did go section by section, but I wouldn't say I actually saturated it.  After allowing that to sit for 10 minutes, liberally apply the #3 treatment and wait another 10 minutes.  I was a little more liberal on the #3 product.  After that, you follow up by shampooing and conditioning as normal.

The advantage of applying to dry hair is that it is more convenient than a deep conditioner where I would wash my hair in the shower, get out, apply DC, and then have to lean over the tub to wash it out. The dry hair probably absorbs more product that way too which is the philosphy of Tweak'd original conditioner.  The disadavantage for me is I just don't like trying to apply it to dry hair and I don't have a lot of hair.  I could easily see someone with long or thick hair using up an entire bottle for one treatment.

So, even with the less than perfect application of product, I have to say I am very happy with the result.  In fact, I think my hair has even better curl formation after this treatment than my original treatment using #1 & #2 when I colored.  

Olaplex 0 + 3 2nd Pic.jpg