Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Hair Product that Actually Delivered

@Icegoddess wrote:

@hopi wrote:

Your hair looks great. Heard alot of  things about Olaplex 3 some say it's a savior other say negative . I have shied away from it.  Curlsmith has made a product that has the same bonding technology without all the chemicals and to compete with the Olaplex market on a natural level.  Tried the Curlsmith bonding salve once and did see improvement.

@hopi Curlsmith's product can not have the SAME bonding technology since Olaplex's is patented.  

As I said, for me Olaplex 3 by itself did nothing for me either.  Nothing negative, but nothing positive either.  

@Icegoddess 

You are correct.  Curlsmith has their own new line of patented hair bonding products.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I agree with your hairstylist.  Mine uses Olaplex when she colors my hair and I figured I'd try the shampoo and conditioner when they first came out.  I ended up finishing them but they definitely were heavier than I like for my fine hair.  Which Pureology line are you using?  I haven't tried much from them yet.

Regular Contributor

Love your color and curl too!  My hair is somewhat naturally wavy and I use nexus styling foam.  My cousin just started using a styling product that even left her curly hair with some spirals (with perhaps scrunching and/or "twisting" some strands while blow drying or perhaps letting air dry).  It's called sgx nyc curl power nourishing curl cream.  I've yet to try it myself, but it may be found at target or walmart, for instance.  (The name of the product also seems like a play on words of "curl power" instead of "girl power." lol.)

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I use Pureology Strength cure Shampoo & Condition & also Olaplex 3...4...5...

On fine hair, you only need a dime size to wash & condition. They are both thick creams. So you can use Olaplex because it has the same thickness as Pureology.

Many women who think it does not work well for fine hair are using too much product. My favorite is Pureology but Olaplex is a close second. I tried the Pureology hydrate but did not like it as much as the Strength. I find the Strenght has many moisturizing inged's & in the hummid weather I do not get any frizz. The only down side for me with Olaplex is that I have to use more product with the conditoner. Those 2 bond the hair & also are good choices for women who get breakage with fine hair. 

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  I use Pureology Strength cure Shampoo & Condition & also Olaplex 3...4...5...

On fine hair, you only need a dime size to wash & condition. They are both thick creams. So you can use Olaplex because it has the same thickness as Pureology.

Many women who think it does not work well for fine hair are using too much product. My favorite is Pureology but Olaplex is a close second. I tried the Pureology hydrate but did not like it as much as the Strength. I find the Strenght has many moisturizing inged's & in the hummid weather I do not get any frizz. The only down side for me with Olaplex is that I have to use more product with the conditoner. Those 2 bond the hair & also are good choices for women who get breakage with fine hair. 

@Kabella , thank you.  I started alternating between strength cure and the hydrate because I noticed after several months of using strength cure, my shower drain was full of hair I had lost.  I'm wondering if it was just too much protein in the strength cure.  But like you, I'm not all that crazy about the hydrate.  My hair doesn't seem to be doing as well with it and it actually seems kinda "fuzzy." 

I'll looking into ordering the Olaplex and maybe alternate it with the hydrate and I won't buy the hydrate again.     

Honored Contributor

@lkat wrote:

@Lipstickdiva I agree with your hairstylist.  Mine uses Olaplex when she colors my hair and I figured I'd try the shampoo and conditioner when they first came out.  I ended up finishing them but they definitely were heavier than I like for my fine hair.  Which Pureology line are you using?  I haven't tried much from them yet.

@lkat , I started off with Strength Cure and loved it.  Then after a few months of use I began having some hair loss when I washed so I decided to get Hydrate and alternate the 2 lines.  Maybe it's too much protein for my hair?  I do not care for the Hydrate much but I'll use it up because it was expensive. Nothing I'd buy again though.   

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  Your Welcome...I don't have any extra shedding with the Strength Cure. I wash my hair twice a wk. so that might be why...I alternate with olaplex. Did you use the Strenght Cure more often & on a daily basis or every other day? That could be why you had more shedding althou the protein is low on the ingred. deck.  But we all have different reactions to shampoo's etc... 

I hope Olaplex works out well for you! I found the Pureology Hydrate was not moisturizing enough for my hair &  so I took it back to Ulta. I don't have a dry scalp tho. Go figure!

I also tried Quai & for me was the worst for my hair. I found it very drying & could not tolerant the scent. Back it went lol!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  Your Welcome...I don't have any extra shedding with the Strength Cure. I wash my hair twice a wk. so that might be why...I alternate with olaplex. Did you use the Strenght Cure more often & on a daily basis or every other day? That could be why you had more shedding althou the protein is low on the ingred. deck.  But we all have different reactions to shampoo's etc... 

I hope Olaplex works out well for you! I found the Pureology Hydrate was not moisturizing enough for my hair &  so I took it back to Ulta. I don't have a dry scalp tho. Go figure!

I also tried Quai & for me was the worst for my hair. I found it very drying & could not tolerant the scent. Back it went lol!!!!

@Kabella I use it every other day.  I use both the shampoo and conditioner plus the miracle filler.  I also use the Sexy Healthy Hair Soy Tri Wheat conditioner which is a spray leave-in.  It just dawned on me as I'm typing this that leave-in also has protein so maybe I should stop using that and see what happens.   

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  It seems to me your scalp is sensitive to products that contain protein. Too much protein in a shampoo is not good expecially on a reg. basis. Your using 4 products with protein. I would also cut out the Miracle filler. See if cutting that out & the leave on makes a different in hair fallout. Many good leave-ins without protein. Good to know your thinking of getting Olaplex. Smiley Happy

Like I said before I wash my hair twice a week switching between Purology strength Cure & Olaplex...I work out & garden so my head sweats & the ends of my hair get tangled & stiff  with salt that forms with sweat on skin. What I do is shower my hair with just water in between washes & use Purology Color Fanatic multi-tasking leave-in.  IJust use about 3 or 4 spritzs mid to ends on damp hair.

QVC Customer Care