Honored Contributor

A Good Teen Christmas Gift Maybe?

trendmood.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: A Good Teen Christmas Gift Maybe?

If they're into skin care I think it would be a nice gift.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I think maybe products that look like this and smell like these probably do, might get teens interested in skin care. 

Honored Contributor

Unless you know the teen you are gifting is into that then yes but most would sooner prefer a gift certificate.  No matter what most think, those of us in the older generations are not really in touch with what teens will  like!

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm With so many teens that have sensitive skin or skin issues I would not give beauty items but rather gift cards.  Unless you know the teen really well, makeup, and skin lotions etc, are iffy as gifts.  My daughter is one of those with sensitive skin.  I never had it. I could use anything.  She has to be really careful. 

Honored Contributor

@eadu4 

I would guess that most people buying makeup for teens know them pretty well, and, I had no idea that "so many" teens had skin issues/allergies Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking these would make good 62 year old's gifts too Smiley Happy  Going to see if Sephora carries this.  

Honored Contributor

Ulta carries this brand and has several of the whipped "flavors" but they don't have the Pumpkin Spice product.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm I'm just going by my daughter and her high school years.  She coaches cheerleading back at that high school as does her sister-in-law and they hear all about teens and makeup.   I never had skin issues. So I was one of the ones who never gave a second thought to trying anything.  Perhaps I "overstepped" using the generalization "so many" sorry you took offense to that but some people don't know or think about what it could do to the teens skin when they buy stuff like that they think is "a good teen Christmas gift" and that it "looks" like something they would like.  Or that the teen "would love how that smells".  For the right teen it's a cute gift.   Just saying people need to be careful on skin products for a teen.  You can know them really well and not know that they had tried something similar recently and it didn't work out.  Even I didn't know all the things my daughter had tried as make up that didn't work for her in high school.  I knew from the dermatology dr what to avoid but there were things that I thought were ok and turned out were not.  If you have an easy teen...it's a great gift.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I just took a look around on their site.  Fairly expensive for the amt of product.  Those whipped body butters are $35 for 2oz.

No offence taken!  I'm like you and never had to worry about skin sensitivities as a teen.