Occasional Contributor

A GOOD facial self- tanner??

Does anyone know of a good tanner for the face?  I use the Tan Towels for the body, but have been afraid to use on face...too drying, I think, at my old soon-- to -be 64 year old skin!  Any suggestions?  thaanks so much , ladies

Honored Contributor

Re: A GOOD facial self- tanner??

I used a self-tanner on my face once.........and it really brought out all the dark spots and sun damage.    It took me a year of vigorous exfoliating to get rid of the mess it caused.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am 63 and have been using tan towels on my face for years and it's not drying.  I apply it and wait about a half houur then apply my serums and moisturizers and makeup as usual.  I use it all year about once a week so my face doesn't look so washed out. They do have them for the face now though.  

Honored Contributor

I just brush on my brozer powder daily for a lovely healthy glow. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I use BE Faux Tan for the face.  I really like it.

Valued Contributor

I also use the BE Faux Tan but the one for the body -- I cut the tanner with any moisturizer good for my face (lately the Josie Maran Body Butter) put the mixture on the dense brush that comes with the Faux Tan then apply to clean dry skin making sure to blend it thoroughly on face, neck & even ears.  Not too close into the hairline (one mistake I won't repeat!).  I'm super careful around my eyes -- use my fingers to lightly blend there and to finish everywhere above my collarbone.  Quickly wash my hands!!!  I'm already a medium w/ golden undertone naturally so this great body tanner works all over for me.  If you're fair/pink be super-careful with any face tanner -- LESS IS MORE.

Esteemed Contributor

In the last tan towels TS I received a few for the face.  Tried it last week and really liked the results.  As a longtime user of both BE tanner and st. Tropez, I have to say for the past few months I've been enjoying the ease of use and results I'm getting with the tan towel for body.  I do like more color so I've been using them several days a week.

Esteemed Contributor

I like BE Faux Tan for my body and Clinique's facial tanner on my face.

Occasional Contributor

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ANSWERS!  i FINALLY GOT BRAVE ENOUGH TO TRY THE TAN TOWEL ON MY FACE ( DIDN'T HAVE THE NEW ONES ESPECIALLY FOR THE FACE-  STILL USING UP OLD PACKAGE FROM LAST YEAR!)  i WAITED ABOYT 1/2 HOUR, AS ONE THE LADIES HERE SUGGESTED, AND THEN PUT MOISTURIZER (ARGAN OIL) ON ...IT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD, ALTHO I DON'T KNOW HOW IT WILL LOOK WHILE FADING!  i GUESS I WILL JUST TRY TO KEEP UP WITH IT EVERY 4 DAYS OR SO-  I AM VERY FAIR NATURALLY, AND DONT WANT TO LOOK CREEPY (OR CREPEY! LOL)  JUST THIS ONE TIME APPLICATION SEEMS GOOD FOR ME, SO I WILL USE IT HALF AS OFTEN AS I USE THE TOWELS ON MY BODY.  BTW, CAN YOU SUGGEST A GOOD BRONZING POWDER?  I'VE PURCHASED SO MANY IN THE PAST THAT HAVE A "GLITTER: OR UNNATURAL SHINE. . ANY SUGGESTIONS?  I LOVE YOU ALL! THANKS AGAIN!!!

Honored Contributor

Here's my question:

If you apply a self-tanner and you exfoliate everyday, then wouldn't the self-tanner be a waste of time and money?? Why not just use a bronzer?