Honored Contributor

A FEW HOURS FOR @SHANUS QUESTIONS?

Has anyone thought of questions not answered last time?

Respected Contributor

Re: A FEW HOURS FOR @SHANUS QUESTIONS?

@Shanus Good Morning Smiley Happy Do you know of a gel eyeliner pen that lasts without drying up so quickly? I would prefer that instead of a pot. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Kabella   Lancome and I think Tarte make good ones, but becuase of the nature of the product to have it dry quickly on the eye, it will dry out quickly in the pen. The only hint is to keep the top closed tightly and do the liner as quickly as possible and then close the cap. Store the pen with point down standing up to keep the ink at the tip. 

I don't use gel pens for that reason. I also prefer a more matte, less obvious liner look and use gel pencils from Trish McEvoy and Bobbi Brown. Many cosmetics companies have changed to gel pencils and BB seems to have discontinued their pot liner. I did recently see on their site that you can pre-order it. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Thank You...Yes, the gel pens that I have tried do dry out quickly on the lid. I will look into Bobby Brown or Trish...My favorite eyeliner pencil is UD 24/7...If I remember its one of your faves also? I will only wear mattes. I haven't tried anything better than UD's pencils. Also works so well for the waterline. do you agree?

Honored Contributor

Someone mentioned blotting tips from a vendor a couple days ago, but they were not repeated in the thread.  To blot or not to blot?  I've found blotting makes application last longer but takes away some of the effect.  Does the type of lip product make a difference, creamy lipstick, matte liquid, gloss, etc?

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@Shanus  Thank You...Yes, the gel pens that I have tried do dry out quickly on the lid. I will look into Bobby Brown or Trish...My favorite eyeliner pencil is UD 24/7...If I remember its one of your faves also? I will only wear mattes. I haven't tried anything better than UD's pencils. Also works so well for the waterline. do you agree?

@Kabella   The 24/7  pencils are really waterproof! I do use them in the top waterline to fill in that gap of skin that shows even after tightlining or dotting between lashes. I like the idea of a pencil that sharpens so I can keep it clean. In the bottom waterline, i sometimes use a flesh tone pencil if that area is pink or red. It makes the eye appear larger.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I also use a flesh tone for the bottom waterline. I had one from Tarte. I now use Rimmels which I fine just as good.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Someone mentioned blotting tips from a vendor a couple days ago, but they were not repeated in the thread.  To blot or not to blot?  I've found blotting makes application last longer but takes away some of the effect.  Does the type of lip product make a difference, creamy lipstick, matte liquid, gloss, etc?

@depglass   On the RMS show the other night, Rose-Marie showed blotting as a way to  keep lipstick on longer. Of course blotting a gloss will remove it. A matte lipstick really needs little blotting. The technique is good for a creamier formula. Fold a kleenex and place between the lips (especially good to keep a darker color off the teeth. Then you can blot the lips, too. Yes, it does remove some of the lipstick. Since I fill in the lip with pencil, it does help hold the color longer. Another trick, she didn't cover, is to blot the color with a separated keleenex to the thinnest sheet. Hold it againt the lipstick and press lightly with a setting powder which go through that thin sheet. Then reapply your color. Hope this explains some of what you missed from the show. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you Shanus, I'll practice this today when I get back from my walk.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Has anyone thought of questions not answered last time?

Someone here posted some really pretty eye shadows from Drew Barrymore (her flower line?).  I'd like to pick them up and put away for Christmas for my daughter.  How long does eyeshadows last?  I won't be opening it.