Honored Contributor

My mom used this....don't know if it works but the silk feels good.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@lolakimono  where did you purchase this?

@panda1234

I have not purchased it, I just saw it on Anthropologie's site.  If you go to the brand's site, you can read additional reviews there.  It seems that the curly girls (and the day two hair people) really like it for the hair benefits.  

@lolakimono  Thank you, will check it out.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had one for several years.  Love it.  It may not help, but it surely can't hurt.  Feels nice against your face!

Valued Contributor

Only brand I sleep on. I have three and love them. The reason I started using them is because my hair is thinning and breaking. Wonderful menopause, LOL. There is a difference in silk and quality among the brands. I don't remember the particulars, but I did a lot of research and decided to just go for it and buy the best. I bought mine from Sephora and waited until I could use my Rouge discount. I also bought one from Macy's when I had a discount coupon. I can't say they help with bedhead since I have long hair and sleep with my hair in a ponytail on top of my head. I think its helped with breakage and split ends since cotton will grab my hair. They must be handwashed. I wait until I have two ready to be washed and put them in my bathroom sink in luke warm (more on the cool side) water with Woolite. To avoid ironing the wrinkles, I don't squeeze the water out. When I am done washing and rinsing, I move them to large bath towel spread out my bathroom floor. I lay the pillowcase flat and roll it up in towel to get out excess water. I hang on plastic rod in bathroom to dry. Dries within a couple hours. I made the mistake of squeezing out the excess water and spent a half hour ironing the pillow case. They are an investment and I have no regrets. 

QVC now has Silk pillowcases. Available in queen and king. A281525

Trusted Contributor

Yes @Starliteshine they do.  It is the SLIP brand they sell and have been for YEARS!  Very high quality compared to other silk pillowcases - highly recommend!!!

Valued Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

Yes @Starliteshine they do.  It is the SLIP brand they sell and have been for YEARS!  Very high quality compared to other silk pillowcases - highly recommend!!!

Yes, that's the brand I use. All of mine are the pink and champagne colors. Both pretty colors. My hair stylist gave me another brand because she received it as a gift and didn't like it but thought I could use it as a spare. You are right, the quality is like night and day. I think Slip is the best and never use the one she gave me. 

Honored Contributor

You wanna talk bedhead - be very glad you don't need a CPAP to sleep.

Occasional Contributor

Boy! Isn’t that the truth! I know your pain!

Respected Contributor

My Mother started me sleeping on a silk pillowcase at a very young age. I wouldn't be without it. I always take one when we travel. For me, it works great.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

Any silk pillowcase will do. Helps keep hair from getting tangled, but does not make any difference for wrinkles. Best device for that is stay out of the sun.  Works better than a silk pillowcase

@Bhvbum  I change pillowcases every other night...face creams, hair stuff, etc. Found a less expensive alternative than silk. BB&B has “pillow covers” that zip on to protect pillows. They’re poly, but feel like a slippery, silk fabric. At $10 each, I throw them in the wash w/ no special care, keep 2 in my suitcase & hair/skin slides across it all night.