Respected Contributor

Re: A Couple new Beekman gift sets

I forgot to post that 2 days ago I received the biggest box from Evine but most of it was filled with brown paper!! I guess they did not have a smaller box in stock to put my orders in. 

I had time today to open everything up and here are my reviews;

Set of 2 body butters in Pure goat milk with ornaments. The ornaments are really pretty and large! They are going to go on my Christmas tree. I like that you can fill them with goodies or little gifts. The body butter is nice but it does have a smell when I put it on my arm but it disappears. 

Honey Orange Blossom gift set: I already use the bars of soap so that is going in my stash drawer. The Bath salts smell divine and I can't wait to use them. I opened the body butter big tub and put it on my other arm. The scent isn't heavy and isn't as strong as the body lotion in this scent. It's nice and I will use it tomorrow after my shower. 

I bought additional multiples of the above sets for gifts. They will love them!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

My Ylang Ylang caddie arrived! Wow, what a pretty scent! I think there is soap for my shower in this scent in the future!  - Does it linger long? 

And I should thank the Beekman boys - they must've teased the Too Faced boys about taking a day longer to get here because the status suddenly changed and my HSN TS was delivered at the same time! lol very happy with the looks of that, too, but haven't had time to try it out yet.

Goodness, I really like this scent! 

The ylang ylang soap scent does linger on my hubby's skin but not strong, just when I hug him I can smell it. The body butter of it is HEAVEN! I walked into the room when I was visiting my parents and they were like holy moly what is that wonderful scent??? They both love it and mom is going to get a body butter for Christmas and I will gift them some of the bar soaps too. It is both my husband and I's favorite scent of the Beekmans. It is amazing! And my clothes smell so good after I remove them, lol!

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz @HappyDaze

Thanks for the great reviews. I think there are more Ylang Ylang products in my future! 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Nightowlz @HappyDaze

Thanks for the great reviews. I think there are more Ylang Ylang products in my future! 

@willdob3 We need the large 8 oz body butter in YYT.  I want kits to include the body cream. I don't want any of their hand cream or body lotions until they remove the mineral oil.

Respected Contributor

i noticed a few Beekman shows on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Saturday in the late night/early morning hours.  I'm wondering if those will be reruns of previous shows.  Also there are several shows listed on Friday 12/2.  I'm hoping that the 12 days of Beekman kit will be aired that day!

Esteemed Contributor

I finally found my favorite scent in the body butters.  It's Vanilla Absolute.  It has a mild scent to it and that's great.  Smells really nice but it's not too strong.  I totally hated the scent of the Ylang Ylang body butters.  Worst scent I ever smelled.  I wouldn't even give them out as gifts for anybody.  Way too strong.  My favorites are the Honey Grapefruit and the Vanilla Absolute.  I think the Vanilla Absolute will be used the most.  Fabulous stuff. 

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

I finally found my favorite scent in the body butters.  It's Vanilla Absolute.  It has a mild scent to it and that's great.  Smells really nice but it's not too strong.  I totally hated the scent of the Ylang Ylang body butters.  Worst scent I ever smelled.  I wouldn't even give them out as gifts for anybody.  Way too strong.  My favorites are the Honey Grapefruit and the Vanilla Absolute.  I think the Vanilla Absolute will be used the most.  Fabulous stuff. 

@BlingQueen022 I find the body butters are not strongly scented. I like the vanilla absolute and the new orange blossom in the body butters but find the vanilla absolute to be too strong scented in the hand cream, hand wash and body lotion. I do love the lip balm the best in the vanilla absolute fresh scent and the cuticle cream and bar soap. I love the orange blossom as well and pure since it is unscented. I love all the bars soap scents as they aren't heavy scented. The body lotions I find have a stronger scent in all the fragrances. I am not a fan of Ylang Ylang and it could be my body chemistry. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 I find the body butters are not strongly scented. I like the vanilla absolute and the new orange blossom in the body butters but find the vanilla absolute to be too strong scented in the hand cream, hand wash and body lotion. I do love the lip balm the best in the vanilla absolute fresh scent and the cuticle cream and bar soap. I love the orange blossom as well and pure since it is unscented. I love all the bars soap scents as they aren't heavy scented. The body lotions I find have a stronger scent in all the fragrances. I am not a fan of Ylang Ylang and it could be my body chemistry. 

@BabyYoda Everybody's different when it comes to scents.  I could jump right into this tub of Vanilla Absolute and bathe in it lol.  I do have to say I do like the soap of the Ylang Ylang.  It's not a soap I would order again though, but I love the rest of the soaps I've tried in this collection.  I love their products.  I did purchase the lip blam set when it was a ttv, and I love those.  The ones from skinn are also good.  As for the soaps, I think they're wonderful.  I also love the orange blossom as well.  I just think they overly scented the Ylang Ylang body butters.  Everybody's nose is different.  Nothing wrong with that.  Enjoy all your soaps.  I love the ones I've purchased.  I have enough of the soaps to last me for quite a while.  Nice to look forward to taking a shower.Heart

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Nightowlz @HappyDaze

@willdob3 We need the large 8 oz body butter in YYT.  I want kits to include the body cream. I don't want any of their hand cream or body lotions until they remove the mineral oil.

Oh gosh I sooooo agree about an 8oz of ylang ylang body butter!!! I don't buy their regular body lotions or hand creams. They are just ok to me. 

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@BabyYoda Everybody's different when it comes to scents.  I could jump right into this tub of Vanilla Absolute and bathe in it lol.  I do have to say I do like the soap of the Ylang Ylang.  It's not a soap I would order again though, but I love the rest of the soaps I've tried in this collection.  I love their products.  I did purchase the lip blam set when it was a ttv, and I love those.  The ones from skinn are also good.  As for the soaps, I think they're wonderful.  I also love the orange blossom as well.  I just think they overly scented the Ylang Ylang body butters.  Everybody's nose is different.  Nothing wrong with that.  Enjoy all your soaps.  I love the ones I've purchased.  I have enough of the soaps to last me for quite a while.  Nice to look forward to taking a shower.Heart

@BlingQueen022 I agree everyone have different tastes when it comes to scents. I love their products as well and have a big stash of them. I also gift their products to family and friends and now they are Beekman customers as well. A friend of mine has a skin condition and I gave her the pure bar as a gift and she doesn't get flare ups like she used to so she is happy about that.