Valued Contributor

Re: ~~ A Coming Out Party For My Gray Hair ~~

On 9/9/2014 momcat said:

Wow. Good for you. I keep wondering if I will ever get to the point you did. I have way too much fun coloring my hair and wearing makeup. Can't imagine giving it all up for the old look. Ugh.

Judge much? My hair is salt and pepper and old is the last thing I look. Old and ugly come from within, but I suspect you are already familiar with that. Right?

Maria

Esteemed Contributor

For heaven's sake, these threads always turn out the same. There are the posters who like their gray hair and posters who dislike gray and color their hair. That is just the way it is!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/9/2014 momcat said:

Wow. Good for you. I keep wondering if I will ever get to the point you did. I have way too much fun coloring my hair and wearing makeup. Can't imagine giving it all up for the old look. Ugh.

Maria (curlywhitedog) is right. You really don't have to be so insensitive. And I say this as a person who goes in every six weeks for a root job.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Good for you, twopeas -- it's always fun to love your style

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/9/2014 momcat said:

Gosh, why are you so certain that my hair color will result in "the old look". You would never guess my age if I met you for the first time. I dress youthful, wear makeup, keep a cute hairstyle and turn heads. Yes, I said turn heads ~ men heads. LOL. I'd rather remain humble, but sometimes one just needs to speak up. People that know me say that I will never "be" old. I think they are right.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 momcat said:

I'm glad you're enjoying coloring your hair. The same way I'm having fun playing with different hairstyles with my silver/grey hair, amping up my makeup, rocking my purple eyeglasses, teal nail polish, tunics and leggings. I'm not going for the "old look", I just like my natural hair color.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/9/2014 okiebug said:
On 9/9/2014 momcat said:

I'm glad you're enjoying coloring your hair. The same way I'm having fun playing with different hairstyles with my silver/grey hair, amping up my makeup, rocking my purple eyeglasses, teal nail polish, tunics and leggings. I'm not going for the "old look", I just like my natural hair color.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} You go, girl !! Shout out to okiebug !! Woo Woo.....

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

On 9/9/2014 twopeas said:
On 9/9/2014 momcat said:

Gosh, why are you so certain that my hair color will result in "the old look". You would never guess my age if I met you for the first time. I dress youthful, wear makeup, keep a cute hairstyle and turn heads. Yes, I said turn heads ~ men heads. LOL. I'd rather remain humble, but sometimes one just needs to speak up. People that know me say that I will never "be" old. I think they are right.

just like you, twopeas, i also have a smart way of dressing and wear up to date hair style and makeup. a little bit embarassing, but i will be honest and say that i have turned a few heads myself! when i retired a few months ago, the folks who did not know me really well were shocked to learn that i was 65! they all thought i was in my early 50's. even with my GREY HAIR that is supposed to be so 'aging' lol.