Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was watching a YT beauty channel yesterday where I learned a tip of using hair conditioner as shaving lotion.  She said you'll get the closest shave ever plus no need to moisturize.  I've never tried it, just passing along the tip.

Honored Contributor

Been doing that for years in HOTEL ROOMS....(I pack VERY light)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  Thanks for mentioning this great hack. I don't think the You Tuber came up with that themselves, I heard that tip at least 30 years ago.  It works.  Most of us have hair conditioner that we didn't love for it's intended use so why not repurpose it?

Frequent Contributor

I always use hair conditioner.  I use a big bottle from Costco, not my good stuff that I use on my hair.

I first heard about it when WEN first came out and Chaz mention using it for shaving cream.

Trusted Contributor

That's how I used up the Wen stuff I purchased that I hated for my hair.  I haven't bought shaving cream for years.  I use up hair conditioner that I don't like or if I don't have that I just use any body wash I have that is moisturizing.  One less product to have in my shower Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

Shampoo and conditioner that I don't love, DH uses.  I recycle too Smiley Happy

No, I didn't think she did and she didn't say she did but it was the first time I'd heard it (unless I forgot which is quite possible)

Honored Contributor

That's what I do too.  I buy a cheap conditioner like Suave to shave with and it's much cheaper than shaving cream!

Honored Contributor

Finally, a beauty tip that does not apply to me!  I've been getting my legs waxed for 30 years. Woman LOL

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: A Beauty Tip

[ Edited ]

@decaf wrote:

@monicakm  Thanks for mentioning this great hack. I don't think the You Tuber came up with that themselves, I heard that tip at least 30 years ago.  It works.  Most of us have hair conditioner that we didn't love for it's intended use so why not repurpose it?

@decaf   Yes, for many years, women have used hair conditioner for shaving....it's already on the shower shelf.  I like to use body lotion and then don't have to moisturize legs afterwards....one and done shaving. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: A Beauty Tip

[ Edited ]

I've been doing this since high school.  My husband is more of a hair product junkie than I am.  I try to use up everything that he doesn't like.