Trusted Contributor

Re: A BARE MINERALS QUESTION ABOUT BISQUE - PLEASE HELP

Bisque is pink while the well rested is yellow

Valued Contributor

Bisque is pink toned so if you have pink tones I would suggest that. Well Rested is more yellow so better for yellow undertones. I am fair and prefer Bisque.

Super Contributor

Bisque comes in five shades: Bisque (the original shade, which started out as an eyeshadow. It's got a pinker tone, suiteble for cooler complexions), Summer Bisque, which is a more neutral shade, Honey Bisque, which is suitable for tan complexions, or for lighter women of color, and Deep Bisque and Dark Bisque, which are suited for darker women of color.

Well Rested is basically the same idea, but it's more of a lighter yellow tone. They used to call it 'an eye lift in a pot'. 

I use Well Rested in the late winter, the Summer Bisque as my tan fades and again as I start to tan, and Honey Bisque at my deepest (I could never figure out why they didn't go with the same seasons naming convention as Summer Bisque and call it Autumn Bisque).

Honored Contributor

I use both and love them both! Well rested has got more of a yellow tint to it so I use that in those dark hollows on the inside corner on my eyes.. Usually yellow based things are to cover red, (is that right?)  but it does very nicely on that purple-ish thing I've got going on in that area.  I use bisque as a concealer and maybe even over the well rested, as well as a base over my entire eyelid and on any little boo-boos on the rest of my face.  Love those 2 products!!!!