Honored Contributor

Re: A $10.00 drug store foundation is a WINNER!

I think the "lumi" part is what is giving me problems.  LOL  I should have stuck with the regular True Match.

I just read the ingredients in the Lumi version off a website and it has bismuth oxychloride in it.  That is a no-no for me.  It also has dimethicone in it which I also don't like on my face.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think the "lumi" part is what is giving me problems.  LOL  I should have stuck with the regular True Match.

I just read the ingredients in the Lumi version off a website and it has bismuth oxychloride in it.  That is a no-no for me.  It also has dimethicone in it which I also don't like on my face.    

No dearth of -cones in the non-lumi True Match. I count five:

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3.1%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

For comparison, here is the Lumi deck. I count five as well:

Active: Octinoxate 7%...Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorophenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydrostearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I did use the Lumi for a while. One of the reasons I chose it over the regular True Match was that I will use only a pump dispenser now for liquid foundations.

I did like it very much but have moved on to Lancome's Teint Idole Ultrawear Makeup Stick. It is a very natural finish and not at all greasy like some other sticks. It's really one of the best foundations out there.

It does have -cones, which doesn't bother my skin at all -- thankfully, because I like them in foundation.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Another rave for L'Oreal True Match foundation, the original. A perfect dupe for my fav Armani luminous silk foundation. I'm N3 or W4. One of the best drugstore makeup buys! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Well that's good to know re the bismuth oxychloride in the Lumi version.  That should keep me from being curious and tempted to try it.  I'm perfectly happy with the regular original L'Oreal True Match.  I did see the Lumi in the store and noticed in was a couple of dollars more.

That, plus I don't get the attraction of a pump.  The only other liquid I've used in the past 20 some years, Dermacia, came with a pump.  The pump worked for about half the bottle. Then I had to unscrew it and work the tube stick then around like a scooper to get the rest of the product out anyway.  I prefer the simplicity of a liquid in a simple pour bottle. 

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

@hellokitty wrote:

I read about the L'Oreal True Match here, probably the same discussion.  I purchased some and love it. I have never tried the Lumi. I had wanted to after the IT Lumi TSV but decided that the bottle foundation probably was all I needed.

I have never had any luck picking my shade from a computer but found the L'Oreal site easy to choose and what I picked matched perfectly!

@hellokitty, I studied the L'Oreal online chart too.  But when it came to buying it, for me it was easier to just drive the short distance to my local CVS.  I'm not out of my first bottle yet but happened to see it for a little less at Walmart yesterday and so picked up another bottle.  Tried a different shade (N3 instead of W3) and it's even a better match!

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Respected Contributor

Yea! I am glad that you discovered Loreal True Match. The shade N3 is good for me, too. But I use N2 in the winter. I like that there are so many shades to choose from.  The problem with IT or Laura Geller is that they only have Light or Medium. And the Light is too light for me and Medium is too dark for me.  So, Loreal True Match works better for me than those high-end products.  Sometimes I use the Revlon Colorstay, it works pretty well, too.

Honored Contributor

Loreal Tests on Animals.
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Another rave for L'Oreal True Match foundation, the original. A perfect dupe for my fav Armani luminous silk foundation. I'm N3 or W4. One of the best drugstore makeup buys! 

Hi, @Chi-town girl. I had read that it was the Lumi that some think is a dupe for your fav. Either way, though, isn't it great to find a foundation you love that doesn't cost you a leg or an arm?

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

No dearth of -cones in the non-lumi True Match. I count five:

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3.1%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

For comparison, here is the Lumi deck. I count five as well:

Active: Octinoxate 7%...Purpose: Sunscreen. Inactive: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorophenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydrostearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

@suzyQ3, thanks for posting the ingredients.  I prefer the regular over the lumi and I am glad to see that the regular does not contain octinoxate, which is a no go for me.