Frequent Contributor

9.16 Sunday Night Beauty Review - Join the thread and review a product you used this weeek

My apologies! I started this "idea" for a thread a few weeks ago and then it left my head.

Hope you join the thread each Sunday night and review any beauty products you used in the previous work. New or old, drugstore or high end, whatever!

STELLER Foundation

Stellar is a line made for medium skin tones and sold at Sephora. They carry 21 shades, all for medium skin tones in about every undertone and medium shade you can imagine.

Personally, I think it is more accurate to say this caters to the medium to dark side of medium and well into tan or medium deep. If you are on the lighter side of medium, not sure you will find a shade. I'm NC30 as reference and Color 05 is my shade athough according to the Sephora IQ Match, I'm Color 09. I find 09 to be a bit dark for my NC30 but I can make it work. I can also make 03 work!

I applied with a sponge which actually gave me more coverage than a brush! Unusual. It is light coverage, a second application will make it medium. It seems to go on very lightweight, blends easily but for some reason, I can feel it on m skin. Looks natural but I "feel" it. It wore about 6 hours on my oily, mature skin.

For reference, I used Revlon Photostay Pore Reducing Primer (pale peachy pink bottle), Paula's Choise Resist LIght SPF 30 sunscreen, Timeless Vitamin C serum 20%. I set it with Too Face Peach Perfect Matte Loose Setting Powder. Even atter setting, it sill felt the tiniest it tacky. 

This is not a keeper for me. I don't like using two layers of a foundation. ALthough I have plenthy of 60 year old skin uneveness, I like medium coverage and there are plenty of great options without having to used two layers.

If you are part of the medium to tan skintone family and like light coverage, worth trying!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: 9.16 Sunday Night Beauty Review - Join the thread and review a product you used this weeek

I got my order of Urban Decay a few days ago and am very happy with everything but the eye shadow primer. It keeps the eye shadow looking good all day, but it's already drying out my eye lids. I no doubt will return that. The lip stick and lip pencil is really nice, the pencil goes on so smoothly and the lip stick is like butter, but stays put. The eye lash primer is very nice, makes my lashes look thicker and feathery instead of spider eyes. I no doubt will not try their foundation unless it comes in a kit in a TSV. I'm quite happy with my bareMinerals serum foundation.

Honored Contributor

Re: 9.16 Sunday Night Beauty Review - Join the thread and review a product you used this weeek

Hi..I am using Laura geller bronze and brighten ...63 years old skin so I have to apply carefully so I don’t get build up.This covers well and gives me enough color that I don’t need to use blush.I concentrate on the cheeks and across the bridge of my nose.I use good old standby bare minerals bisque on stubborn spots...this I have used since the day it was presented on Q.

Honored Contributor

I have used Bronze n Brighten instead of blush during the summer months for years. You need just a little and the compact lasts forever...
Honored Contributor

I use LG balance and brighten in fair and use swirling motion with brush when applying. This is probably a light coverage unless I go over my face again.

I’m attempting to use less make up as I get older. Less maintenance  but look nice is my goal.

Esteemed Contributor

I've rediscovered an old favorite, the Covergirl tru blend blush. I've used all the shades before light (peach), medium (rose), and deep (plum) and they are all nice baked blushes. This time I bought the medium rose shade. There's some shimmer in it but not a ton. This is a nice blush that's easy to use.

I also bought another ELF highlighting makeup brush. It's a tapered brush narrower than a blush brush and I use it to apply highlighter powder on the top of my cheekbones. It's a good deal for about $4 CDN. I bought mine from Walmart.

I also bought a Clinique Pep Start bubble gel mask on clearance at Winners for $16. The tube normally sells for about $35 CDN at Sephora. It's not worth $35 but it's a fun mask that feels like carbonated bubbles on your skin after you apply it. My daughter likes this facial mask too.