Highlighted
Super Contributor

8 oz remoist - comb different?

Any of you WENners that ordered the 8 oz remoist and already had a WEN comb - is the comb you got with the remoist different than the one you already had?

The comb I got was shaped different - a deeper arch, lighter weight, thinner teeth. I took a picture of both combs side by side, emailed it to Chaz' salon, Jillian wrote back that they hadn't made a design change and would look into why the manufacturer had changed the shape of the comb. I'm not complaining, it's still a good comb and was a great deal without the comb, but it was so different I thought I would double check with the salon.

Was wondering if all were different or not.

Respected Contributor

Re: 8 oz remoist - comb different?

I was surprised that the quality of the comb had decreased. {#emotions_dlg.sad}I just gave my mom the last one I had that was a newer comb but heavier weight. It's still good like you said, but one of us (can't remember the poster) has already had one break in half in the shower. Not cool. Thanks for calling the salon. Maybe I'll send an e-mail.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

I was going to ask the same question here okie. I gave my original to some one but these (got 3) seem lighter and smaller. I cannot compare to the original because we don't live close. I wonder if they just did this for the special? Please keep me updated if you get more info. From the salon. Thanks. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

okay I am glad others noticed as well! Mine is different than the one I got from my girlfriend. The teeth are more pointed in the one that came with the remoist (just came today! yay!), the old one has more squared off teeth. The new one's plastic is lighter weight and can bend a little, whereas the older one is more dense and does not give at all. The are the same length but there is definitely more weight and substance to the older one. Also, not as important, is that the newer one has more of a semi gloss finish where the old one is more matte. I think I actually might like the newer one better but not if it breaks easily?

Respected Contributor

I like the newer comb. The teeth are more rounded. Its not as rough on my scalp. HD, so glad you got your remoist!!!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

By the way, the old comb I have came with a kit from Guthy Renker.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

okiebug, lol, I think you must have been reading all our minds, because we've all been thinking the same thing: why the change and is the new comb better (or not)?

Thanks for emailing Chaz's salon to let them know about this. I bought a comb from Chaz's site last November during the Black Friday Sale (10% discount & free shipping). From what people have been describing, I think I have the old comb. So I'll be interested to see what the new comb looks like when it arrives with the Re-Moist (it's "in process" right now).

If I'm not happy about the new comb, I'm going to email them as well.

Thanks again!!

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2014 Hilary77 said: I like the newer comb. The teeth are more rounded. Its not as rough on my scalp. HD, so glad you got your remoist!!!

Thanks, me tooooooooooo!!! I was suppose to cleanse today and so glad I didn't so I can use my remoist. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

agree about the teeth, less ouchie on the scalp.

Respected Contributor

There's been 3 combs now for me. The old, old, flat heavy comb that everyone said scratched them. I got it from GR. I liked it best for a while. Then I got the new style with the shiny black plastic and more rounded large teeth. Now a bad version of that with really flimsy teeth on the fine toothed side. When you drag your finger over them, they sound like the cheapy combs you got in line waiting to take your school picture when you were a kid.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

Wow, I was sort of hoping mine was a fluke, but looks like a lot got the different style. I definitely got the impression there wasn't a decision by Chaz to change the design - they were as surprised as I was. If I hear anything more, I'll pass it along. Like I said, it's not a bad comb, just not the same as it used to be.

Sorry, I don't remember whose comb broke, but I'm sure Chaz' salon would like to know that.