Honored Contributor

Re: 8 full sized bars of soap @ Beekman site $64.00

@SilleeMee wrote:

$8 for a bar of soap? Not in my world.

@SilleeMee  You should give it a try, it is good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I love their soaps. I also like the palm sized bars, they're 10 for $48.

I'm thinking about buying more.

The full size soaps at 9oz last me forever but they are also quite large and I have to cut them in half -- now that I have tried the smaller palm sized bars I much prefer those.  They also have some sets of 4 for $20 which might be a good "try me" if you're interested in those scents.

Honored Contributor

They are selling now on HSN for $10 per bar, and that is a special holiday price.

Honored Contributor

I have NEVER liked the extra large bar soap size.  Way too bulky.  I buy Zum goat's milk bars and I have for many, many years.  They are fun colored regular bars scented with essential oils.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I like to gift the palm sized Beekman soap and also to try new fragrances. Otherwise, many of us that buy the large bars simply cut them in half - very easy! Typically free shipping at H and frequent coupons for excellent values! HSN has posted coupons to some accounts - make sure to check your account + free shipping today

Ummm, colored soap? Why??? And zum sells soap in brick sizes for $75 OMG! very heavy fragrances  Woman Tongue and free shipping only when you spend min $50   No thanks! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

$8 for a bar of goat soap? Nope.

I don't really like bar soap but if I was going to buy a bar of goat soap, I would buy it at a bricks and mortar store like the brand Caprina. They make an unscented bar of goat milk soap and they now have brought out unscented body washes too. I just bought the unscented goat milk body wash which is unscented as I smelled it first before purchasing to try it out in the shower.

Super Contributor

I bought this set a few years ago for $60 & ended up giving most of it away because the Scents are way too strong & overwhelming for me.

I also discovered that you have to cut the bars in half because they're way too large to handle in the tub or shower.

While it is a good price, make sure you really like strong scents. Unfortunately I am not able to use most Beekman products because of this. Good luck & hope this helps!

Trusted Contributor

That's a great deal. I wish the boys would bring back Iris and Aloe in  full size bar. It's only available in the hand bar.  Love that one. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I love the Beekman soaps.  And I find most of the fragrances to be very light.... maybe it's the chemicals in the water in the city where I live.   Or maybe the fragrances fade after a short time or I just get used to the scents.   In any event,  the fragerances in the soaps aren't an issue.

As for the price or value.... I admit,  I love luxury soaps.  And if a bar of soap lasts 2 months,  and is high quality and a pleasure to use, then $8 doesn't seem so bad.   I don't buy coffee at $4 a cup every day,  or stop for a drink with friends a few times a week.   We each get to spend our money differently.

If I didn't have a multiyear collection of Beekman and Perlier soaps (also excellent),  then I would buy more.