On 3/29/2015 K9buddy said:
On 3/29/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 3/29/2015 sparklestar said:
On 3/28/2015 K9buddy said:
On 3/28/2015 sparklestar said:
On 3/28/2015 Reever said: I do think that not having mothers stay at home anymore has impacted our society negatively. I feel blessed I was raised by a stay at home mom.

You can't generalize that situation. Not every child who had a stay at home mom was raised in a loving, caring, and nurturing atmosphere.

Actually, she can generalize any situation she wants. Feel free to disagree with her if you want, but it's not your place to tell her what she can and can't do.

Back at it again? What happened -- gave up on SuzyQ and you're going to start on me again.

And it's not YOUR place to tell me what I can and can't do. Practice what you preach.

Oh wait......as I recall, you called me out on that thread as being someone who she should look out for. Unfortunately, that thread was deleted by the moderator due to your nasty comment about me.

Hmmm....I missed sparklestar's helpful advice and thank her. But honestly, I already knew that.

Be careful what you say or you'll be under scrutiny as well. She'll turn on you in a minute. FYI. Also, if her 'advice' was really helpful, the mods wouldn't have deleted it! I hope you'll put me on ignore as well as I know you don't like people disagreeing with you either. I also thank you in advance.

When you didn't respond to her 'helpful advice' I was giving you credit for taking the high road. Sorry, my mistake.

I didn't respond because I meant what I had said in my final post. I never returned to that thread.

And no, I very rarely use the ignore function. So if YOU don't like my opinions or comments, then I suggest that you either not read them or put ME on ignore.

Looks like you just returned!! Guess I was right. Why don't you continue to align yourself with a poster that makes nasty personal remarks? I don't really care. I was talking about THiS thread where you had to graciously thank you friend and put me down at the same time.

k9buddy, remember when I mentioned reading comprehension on the OTHER thread? It's crucial to be able to understand what you're reading before you reply. Yes, I have and probably will return to this important thread.

What I said to you here in my last reply HERE (see above) was crystal clear: "I didn't respond because I meant what I had said in my final post. I never returned to that thread." The key would being "that" thread, not this one.

As for putting you down, you and another poster ripped me apart on THAT thread, you took the first punch, and you continued to ridicule me, all because I had an opinion about the topic that apparently didn't jibe with yours. I left that thread and did not return.

Oh, as for your contention that I am aligning with someone simply because I thanked them for advice? Sorry, I'm not really into that junior high school stuff.

Yet another thread hijacked with petty bickering -BORING!! Way to wreck the discussion.

Trusted Contributor

Re: 8 Ways Gloria Steinem Improved Our Lives

On 3/29/2015 sparklestar said:
On 3/28/2015 K9buddy said:
On 3/28/2015 sparklestar said:
On 3/28/2015 Reever said: I do think that not having mothers stay at home anymore has impacted our society negatively. I feel blessed I was raised by a stay at home mom.

You can't generalize that situation. Not every child who had a stay at home mom was raised in a loving, caring, and nurturing atmosphere.

Actually, she can generalize any situation she wants. Feel free to disagree with her if you want, but it's not your place to tell her what she can and can't do.

Back at it again? What happened -- gave up on SuzyQ and you're going to start on me again.

And it's not YOUR place to tell me what I can and can't do. Practice what you preach.

Oh wait......as I recall, you called me out on that thread as being someone who she should look out for. Unfortunately, that thread was deleted by the moderator due to your nasty comment about me.

Hmmm....I missed sparklestar's helpful advice and thank her. But honestly, I already knew that.

Be careful what you say or you'll be under scrutiny as well. She'll turn on you in a minute. FYI. Also, if her 'advice' was really helpful, the mods wouldn't have deleted it! I hope you'll put me on ignore as well as I know you don't like people disagreeing with you either. I also thank you in advance.

When you didn't respond to her 'helpful advice' I was giving you credit for taking the high road. Sorry, my mistake.

I didn't respond because I meant what I had said in my final post. I never returned to that thread.

And no, I very rarely use the ignore function. So if YOU don't like my opinions or comments, then I suggest that you either not read them or put ME on ignore.

Looks like you just returned!! Guess I was right. Why don't you continue to align yourself with a poster that makes nasty personal remarks? I don't really care. I was talking about THiS thread where you had to graciously thank you friend and put me down at the same time.

k9buddy, remember when I mentioned reading comprehension on the OTHER thread? It's crucial to be able to understand what you're reading before you reply. Yes, I have and probably will return to this important thread.

What I said to you here in my last reply HERE (see above) was crystal clear: "I didn't respond because I meant what I had said in my final post. I never returned to that thread." The key would being "that" thread, not this one.

As for putting you down, you and another poster ripped me apart on THAT thread, you took the first punch, and you continued to ridicule me, all because I had an opinion about the topic that apparently didn't jibe with yours. I left that thread and did not return.

Oh, as for your contention that I am aligning with someone simply because I thanked them for advice? Sorry, I'm not really into that junior high school stuff.

Time and time again I see you 'splaining' what you meant by something you said. I don't think this is an issue of posters not having reading comprehension when reading your posts, I think it's a problem that you have with expressing yourself in a way that people understand what your saying. You need better communication skills. Anyhow, have a nice day. I'm totally done with you and your damage control.

Respected Contributor

"Yet another thread hijacked with petty bickering -BORING!! Way to wreck the discussion."

Newshound6, I was sticking to the discussion and it was not my intent to hijack the thread. But I could not help respond to the person responsible. She had no comment on the topic and her only intent was, yet again, to come after me for my contribution. I'm very tired of her tactics. I'm leaving this thread and this community.

I apologize for taking part and being dragged in.

Trusted Contributor

d/p

Trusted Contributor

Nobody is 'dragged' into a discussion. People CHOOSE to be part of the discussion!!

Highlighted
Contributor

K9buddy, can you respond without quoting please? It's become confusing and a bit dizzying.
Super Contributor

What a sad shame.......this thread was so interesting before the fight started.

Super Contributor

On 3/29/2015 jessa said:

What a sad shame.......this thread was so interesting before the fight started.

Let's get it back on track so that those who post with a personal agenda against other posters or post in the hope of getting this thread ""poofed"" for other agendas don't ruin this important discussion..

Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Crisso said:
On 3/29/2015 Lucky charm said:

Never looked up to her. I have great role models. My mother and sisters. I'm so glad I did!

Gloria Steinam chose to eat her young in order to get on with her life. They would've inconvenienced her, I suppose.

I can't even look at the pics of her. Ugly inside and out.

Yikes, that's a rather extreme reaction!! Like her or not, but to react this way rather than rationally speaking to the issues makes one wonder what hit you so hard on a personal level to attack her so personally. You don't know this woman and the life she has had. You may want to look at the link to a 2011 interview with Maria Shriver that I posted, above. She has had issue and events in her life that make her very much a human person like you and I.

I think the topic here was her contribution to history.

No she has blatantly stated she had an abortion and couldn't make herself feel guilty no matter how hard she tried. She said it was the first time she had taken responsibility for herself the first time in her life.

I would say she had lost all responsibility at that point and it was just a false sense of her own insecurity. But that's my opinion of her.

Frequent Contributor

Not a big fan of hers!

Not all women think like she does and that's okay!

Women power does not have to come at the expense of marriage and men!