Trusted Contributor

Re: 72 YEARS YOUNG? UGHHH!!!

It seems like she’s been 72 for the last five years. Just leave the age out of the presentation.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 @Shanus @Phantom41 @Q4u  I don't look at this thread as complaining, rather an attempt to educate QVC and their hosts. There is no reason for condesending comments about age or figures ever. It's offensive.  What are they thinking??  GREAT THREAD!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I'll be 72 this year.  All that means is I've lived to be 71 years old (technically a little older).

This country is so youth oriented, it's crazy!  People don't seem to understand they're not going to get rid of wrinkles unless they have some kind of medical procedure done...Duh?  That's called surgery!

The thing to do is stay out of the freaking sun when you are in your teens and on up!  If you don't and you get the wrinkles then you're going to need some kind of plastic surgery (sometimes Botox will HELP).

You can put on all the makeup you want but unless you've taken care of your skin it isn't going to do much.

Some of these women they put all of this makeup on look better BEFORE they put put the liquid makeup on.  Often it just goes into the wrinkles.

I think Helen looks lovely before they put on the liquid makeup!  Some eye makeup and lipstick.  A little color in her cheeks and I think she'll look better.

I've seen it over and over again where the liquid makeup and powder goes into the wrinkles and makes them even more visible.  

I don't have wrinkles or spots on my face.  It's only because I never sat in the sun...period.  I use Dr. Denese but I think that just gets the dead skin off of my face every day (along with a microfiber wash cloth with water).

Everyone is so obsessed with getting rid of wrinkles.  It's like a person wakes up and says, "Gosh Darn!  I have wrinkles!"  Duh?

When people give me compliments I say, "Well, I just 'paint it up' and that's the honest truth!

I personally liked these ladies before the liquid makeup and powder.  If you put powder on my face it would look like a road map with every road shown on it.  Powder FINDS wrinkles, I think.

This is my opinion.  I think Helen and the other ladies are beautiful no matter what but especially without liquid makeup!

Respected Contributor

When I hear that phrase it makes me inwardly cringe.

Enough already.

Honored Contributor

That expression grates on me, too, although it probably didn't when I wasn't also 70+. 

My suggestion since if it were't noted, someone is certain to ask ( yes, someone will) is that the vendor just say "Helen is in her seventies" or "Helen is 72."  We can decide whether she's young or lovely or whatever. 

I think Helen was only 70 last time last time I saw here.  Time is flying!

Honored Contributor

I don't know.  I know I still am pleased when a store clerk calls me "miss."  And then I tell them I think it's a nice thing to do.  No one is fooling anyone.  We all get it.  It's just a small pleasantry.  And I'm 70 this year.

Maybe these are not the same things?  I am not sure.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

This started when It Cosmetics was launched. Jamie was saying it all the time to Helen. She was trying to prove that It does not get into lines and wrinkles. As I can tell not true. Besides that Helen is a lovely looking woman

Honored Contributor

I am 66 years OLD and am happy with my age and don't need anyone patronizing me and if they try to I will set them straight - nicely so they understand what they are saying is really not a complement.  I really haven't had anyone say anything like that to me or even refer to me as senior citizen but I think it's because I don't present myself as an older person - I am just me and age is irrelevant!   

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agree with everyone.  It's a stale and condescending phrase and should be retired.  What bugs me - unrelated to the IT vendors - is when people say that someone in their 70s or 80s or whatever older age is "cute."  E.g. "Your grandmother is so cute! She gets out there on the dance floor."   

Trusted Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

It seems like she’s been 72 for the last five years. Just leave the age out of the presentation.

I was thinking the same thing!  Jamie, who brought IT to QVC, started that.  smh